Rest of U2 Survivor: Rattle and Hum - Round 4

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vote for your least favorite song

• Hawkmoon 269

Votes: 45 60.0%
  • Heartland

Votes: 30 40.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

corianderstem

Blue Crack Distributor
GOD IS DEAD.

VOTE FOR YOUR LEAST FAVORITE SONG

Polls will remain open for 48 hours, unless one song has taken enough of a beating after a day or so, in which case we'll call it an act of mercy and move on to the next round.

Songs in this round:

- Hawkmoon 269
- Heartland

Criteria for song selection (at least for the albums): anything on the regular pressings of the Best Of 1980-1990, Best Of 1990-2000, and U2:18 is excluded.

Not even a contest. Hawkmoon is very good; Heartland is one of U2's best songs. Bye, Hawkmoon.

Heartland. It's nice, but no way is a WoWY outtake with new lyrics better than Hawkmoon.

Yeah, I went there :wink:

I will also go with the minority and vote for Heartland. I just like Hawkmoon more.

That's not to say I don't like Heartland, because I do. Although it does tend to be overrated here.

CTU2fan said:
Heartland. It's nice, but no way is a WoWY outtake with new lyrics better than Hawkmoon.

How on earth is Heartland a WOWY out-take? They're musically and lyrically completely different. :huh:

Getting Heartland and AIWIY or One mixed up, perhaps? :wink:

I was still a little unsure about this round if it was Heartland vs. God Part II. Now, it's an EASY choice:

Hawkmoon 269

Heartland is U2's best song to never be played live, while Hawkmoon is one of the more dreary moments in U2 history.

It's a sad statement when the two best non-singles on an album are these.

Heartland doesn't do much for me, and Hawkmoon overstays its welcome about 3/4ths of the way through.

Diemen said:
It's a sad statement when the two best non-singles on an album are these.

And I think it proves that had RAH been a proper studio album, it would have been another masterpiece the calibre of JT. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom