Rest of U2 Survivor: Rattle and Hum - Round 4

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vote for your least favorite song

• Hawkmoon 269

Votes: 45 60.0%
  • Heartland

Votes: 30 40.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The Sad Punk said:
I can't vote.

Who's losing at the moment?

Like a rhythm out-voted, like votes in the night, like seven votes ahead ...

:ohmy: this is still pretty close.
But I voted for Hawkmoon.
Heartland is just an amazing song.

Cheers ,

Mauwer

p.s. I wonder if were gonna do HTDAAB will Fast Cars be included?
Coz it`s on the UK and Jap versions.

Mauwer said:
p.s. I wonder if were gonna do HTDAAB will Fast Cars be included?
Coz it`s on the UK and Jap versions.

No. We have a number of non-album sections, and Fast Cars is in one of them.

The Sad Punk said:
Okay doggies, I voted for Heartland then.

'Cause I don't want no pushover occurring, I like these about the same.

I should have told you that Heartland was being slaughtered and that you should create 10 alters to vote for Hawkmoon.

Axver said:

I should have told you that Heartland was being slaughtered and that you should create 10 alters to vote for Hawkmoon.

Pssh, don't worry. Hawkmoon's gonna lose anyway.

It's gonna be pretty hard for you during Achtung Baby, if you're around. Which songs do you hate the least?

The Sad Punk said:
It's gonna be pretty hard for you during Achtung Baby, if you're around. Which songs do you hate the least?

Acrobat is actually about my 8th favourite U2 song of all time. I consider all three of The Fly, Acrobat, and Love Is Blindness to be classics.

Rest assured, I will be voting for Ultra Violet from round one.

Ah, okay. I can understand your opinion on Ultraviolet, I suppose. I used to think it was the most awesome thing ever, but these days the studio version drags on for me. But the live versions are insane.

It's okay though, because all that matters is that you hate One.

I agree that the song drags - it really goes on for about a minute longer than it should. The fact that it's dragged out by the worst U2 lyrics ever, even worse than my mammy and kneeling souls, just makes it all that much more agonising.

You know, I will miss having the pleasure of voting for One. But I won't miss the pain of seeing almost nobody else join me.

Axver said:
I agree that the song drags - it really goes on for about a minute longer than it should. The fact that it's dragged out by the worst U2 lyrics ever, even worse than my mammy and kneeling souls, just makes it all that much more agonising.

You know, I will miss having the pleasure of voting for One. But I won't miss the pain of seeing almost nobody else join me.

I join you Axver , not a big fan of One though I do love the Popmart/Mexico City One , and the bar vid for obvious reasons .

Voted obviously for Hawkmoon 269 – because I still wish a full band version of this tune might reappear in future setlists. As the electric full band glory for the likes of God Part II and Desire.
Heartland has not a setlist chance at all – U2 never tried a full band arrangement in front of audiences, and I fear that's a kind of R.I.P. for the tune ...

u2trinity said:

I join you Axver , not a big fan of One though I do love the Popmart/Mexico City One , and the bar vid for obvious reasons .

I would get more emotionally involved watching the bar vid on mute while listening to Yakety Sax, rather than to watch the actual thing.

In fact, that sounds like a pretty good idea!

Axver said:

How on earth is Heartland a WOWY out-take? They're musically and lyrically completely different. :huh:

Getting Heartland and AIWIY or One mixed up, perhaps? :wink:

Take WoWY, speed up the bassline, have Edge slow it down a bit, cue Bono mumbling...voila, Heartland :)

I actually love Heartland, just now quite as much as Hawkmoon.

Axver said:

:disagrees: :grumpy:

I used to think Heartland was too boring, but in the last year I listen to it and think "Wow...this is an AMAZING song."

Hawkmoon is awesome too, but Heartland is at a different level.

DreamOutLoud13 said:
:ohmy: Could it be true? Has Axver found a kindred spirit?

There's a few of us. We have a secret underground club where we smash copies of Achtung Baby in an ancient pagan ritual dating back to classical Greece.

We also have lots of chocolate.

Axver said:

There's a few of us. We have a secret underground club where we smash copies of Achtung Baby in an ancient pagan ritual dating back to classical Greece.

We also have lots of chocolate.

Achtung Baby is lower on my album ranking too. Though I do like Ultraviolet, I really dislike One (even more so due to the hype and godliness surrounding it).

Back
Top Bottom