Rest of U2 Survivor: Pop - Round 1

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vote For Your Least Favorite Song

• Do You Feel Loved

Votes: 3 3.4%
  • Mofo

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • If God Will Send His Angels

Votes: 4 4.6%
  • Last Night On Earth

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Miami

Votes: 31 35.6%
  • The Playboy Mansion

Votes: 44 50.6%
  • If You Wear That Velvet Dress

• Please

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • Wake Up Dead Man

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Varitek said:

Shit I jsut got to the part where it might be B. No fucking way I don't like that at all like I don't like Miles being some sort of a ghost buster. And if it's Locke I'm quitting the show, by the way.

It's neither. Keep watching.

Varitek said:
I didn't get that view until my last show, 12-05 (she's a mystery...)

Wait, how on earth did you get on stage then? Or was that the night before? I thought you'd said it was on the 5th though. Now I'm confused. Probably because half of my attention is on the cricket.

I only had seats at my very first show. It's been only GA since then. I couldn't stand going back to seats, though queuing up for hours is pretty crappy.

Axver said:

Wait, how on earth did you get on stage then? Or was that the night before? I thought you'd said it was on the 5th though. Now I'm confused. Probably because half of my attention is on the cricket.

I only had seats at my very first show. It's been only GA since then. I couldn't stand going back to seats, though queuing up for hours is pretty crappy.

Stage was the 4th of december, when I was right in front of Bono.

And I will never buy non-GA again if I can avoid it but I wanted more shows than I could get GA of. Next time I will just buy extra U2.com memberships or whatever.

Axver said:

:lol:

At the first Boston show, my friend and I were in the upper level right at the far end of the arena and at the end of the gig, we kept calling for another encore - including me calling for every track from The Unforgettable Fire. Eventually the cleaners had to ask us to leave. As we descended the stairs, at the bottom of each flight I'd yell for Heartland and my friend for Red Light.

We hadn't had a drop to drink either.

I can picture it now...

Axver: "A Sort Of Homecoming!"

People in Axver's section: :huh:

Axver: "Pride!"

People in Axver's section: "Didn't they already--"

Axver: "Wire!"

Axver: "The Unforgettable Fire!"

Axver: "Promenade!"

People in Axver's section: "Promenade? Was that on All That You Can't Leave Behind or How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb?"

Axver: "4th of July!"

People in Axver's section: "Is that even a U2 song? Is this guy high?"

Axver: "Bad!"

People in Axver's section: "Uh, dude, they already--"

Axver: "Indian Summer Sky!"

People in Axver's section: :|

Axver: "Elvis Presley In America!"

People in Axver's section: "U2 covered an Elvis song?"

Axver: "MLK!"

People in Axver's section: :lol:

Cleaners: "Sir, please leave."

Cleaners: "GET OUT!"

Axver: "Heartland!"

Axver's friend: "Red Light!"

Repeat until fade out.

Axver said:

I go to so many fucking shows that I'll sit anywhere, it matters not. I love GA and all, but at my advanced age, Varitek, GA is sometimes a chore. I gots me into the bomb shelter at MSG, though, with my aforementioned friend and we were right in front of The Edge and it was surreal and unreal and other things too.

Varitek said:
Stage was the 4th of december, when I was right in front of Bono.

And I will never buy non-GA again if I can avoid it but I wanted more shows than I could get GA of. Next time I will just buy extra U2.com memberships or whatever.

Oh, I should've just read the notes on U2VT, where it says for the 4th that people went up during One.

Probably for every U2.com membership you buy, you'll get one LESS GA ticket.

I was gone for an hour and there were 2.5 new pages (I go on 30 posts a page, too!). So much to read with so little time (food's in the oven, and I'm getting ready to watch Lost as I was working while it was on).

coolian2 said:

That's a damn shame. Although i think i missed the boat on the confirmed joke.

That boat sunk quickly.

But the origin of it was priceless.

There was a thread about "confirmed track listings" for the new album and PFan went in there and asked "what do you mean by confirmed", being curious and all, and the thread starter said "By confirmed I mean rumored" and I was off and running.

No spoken words said:
I go to so many fucking shows that I'll sit anywhere, it matters not. I love GA and all, but at my advanced age, Varitek, GA is sometimes a chore. I gots me into the bomb shelter at MSG, though, with my aforementioned friend and we were right in front of The Edge and it was surreal and unreal and other things too.

Unless it's U2, I can't be arsed doing GA at large shows, just because I don't like queuing for more than an hour or so, especially if nobody's coming with me. But for U2 and for small gigs, it just has to be GA. Mainly because Australians just DON'T stand if they have a seat, which shits me off.

DreamOutLoud13 said:
Oh my god, who has been voting for Miami :angry:

Me, proudly. Just because it sounded slightly better live doesn't negate the worst lyrics Bono's ever written and a middling-to-crap bit of music.

namkcuR said:
I can picture it now...

Axver: "A Sort Of Homecoming!"

Axver: "Pride!"

People in Axver's section: "Didn't they already--"

Axver: "Wire!"

Axver: "The Unforgettable Fire!"

Axver: "Promenade!"

People in Axver's section: "Promenade? Was that on All That You Can't Leave Behind or How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb?"

Axver: "4th of July!"

People in Axver's section: "Is that even a U2 song? Is this guy high?"

Axver: "Bad!"

People in Axver's section: "Uh, dude, they already--"

Axver: "Indian Summer Sky!"

People in Axver's section: :|

Axver: "Elvis Presley In America!"

People in Axver's section: "U2 covered an Elvis song?"

People in Axver's section: :lol:

Cleaners: "Sir, please leave."

Cleaners: "GET OUT!"

Repeat until fade out.

Were you there? Because that was pretty much it! :laugh:

(That :laugh: rather than :lmao: is for you, Varitek.)

Axver said:

Unless it's U2, I can't be arsed doing GA at large shows, just because I don't like queuing for more than an hour or so, especially if nobody's coming with me. But for U2 and for small gigs, it just has to be GA. Mainly because Australians just DON'T stand if they have a seat, which shits me off.

I drove over at 4am, I was sharpied as about the 80th person there while we waited in the freezing cold to get wristbands at 8am. On the way there I got pulled over because I'd forgotten ot put my lights on and I put on my best Boston accent when I told the cop I was "goin to the fleet centeh to see u2." The damn lights turn off automatically and I never get why my mother turns them off manually too - they should just alwasy be on!

No spoken words said:
There was a thread about "confirmed track listings" for the new album and PFan went in there and asked "what do you mean by confirmed", being curious and all, and the thread starter said "By confirmed I mean rumored" and I was off and running.

Oh, that was so fucking funny.

I love Interference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom