Rest of U2 Survivor: Passengers - Round 3

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vote For Your Least Favorite Song

• United Colours

Votes: 3 6.5%
  • Slug

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Your Blue Room

Votes: 1 2.2%
  • Always Forever Now

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A Different Kind of Blue

• Beach Sequence

Votes: 1 2.2%
  • One Minute Warning

• Corpse

Votes: 18 39.1%
  • Theme From The Swan

Votes: 15 32.6%
  • Theme From Let's Go Native

Votes: 2 4.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

corianderstem

Blue Crack Distributor
I succombed to peer pressure and closed the poll 10 minutes early, therefore eliminating BOTH Ito Okashi and Plot 180 (16 votes each).

For this album, polls will remain open only 24 hours.

VOTE FOR YOUR LEAST FAVORITE SONG

Polls will remain open for 24 hours, unless one song has taken enough of a beating after a day or so, in which case we'll call it an act of mercy and move on to the next round.

Songs in this round:

- United Colours
- Slug
- Your Blue Room
- Always Forever Now
- A Different Kind Of Blue
- Beach Sequence
- One Minute Warning
- Corpse
- Theme From The Swan
- Theme From Let's Go Native

Criteria for song selection (at least for the albums): anything on the regular pressings of the Best Of 1980-1990, Best Of 1990-2000, and U2:18 is excluded.

unico said:
i'm voting while this is only one page long so Varitek doesn't go to Power juice on me. Corpse.

I think I missed the origin of this Powerjuice trope. Care to fill me in?

Once again I am withholding my vote in case it's needed to ensure a tie. Otherwise, ADKOB deserves to be gone.

Varitek said:

No spoken words said:

Powerjuice:

2 parts Awesome
1 part Funk
1 part Sheeeeeeeeet
Dash of STFU
Sprinkle in some Get That Shit Outta Here
Shake
Top of with 3 oz Awesome
Serve cold.
Announce that you are now going powerjuice.
Give a deathstare to everyone in range.
Pick up forcefully, and with purpose.
Dominate.
Wipe mouth with sleeve.
Slam down glass.
Leave.
Slam door.
Open door.
Scream to those around, "THAT IS HOW YOU FUCKING GO POWERJUICE!"
Slam door.
Sit behind desk.
Whoop.

Varitek said:

Once again I am withholding my vote in case it's needed to ensure a tie. Otherwise, ADKOB deserves to be gone.

The actual origin:

No spoken words said:
In a meeting yesterday, someone used the word, if it is a word, "powerjuice" and I almost fucking lost it. It sucks to be in a room with some pretty important people, well, important relative to the world you work in, and be the most immature person there...by a lot....but, what could I do? Who says powerjuice and means it????? This guy did. I had to bite my hand to keep myself from cracking up. Sad.

No spoken words said:

How in the state this man's school is located in, they need to place pressure on the cable company not by using the public as pawns, but by other means.

This was the exact sentence:

"So, we have to do 3 things, then. 1 - We have to go political. 2 - We have to go powerjuice. 3 - We have to go corporate."

So I spent the rest of the afternoon telling people that we needed to go powerjuice. Of course, the meeting had maybe 4 people from our staff in there, the rest were from the schools, so nobody knew what I was talking about, nor did they get the joke cos they were not in the meeting. That does not stop me. Just like another incident on Monday, where my 2 worlds crossed, and I asked someone at work "Is this confirmed?", but meant it, but then started laughing out loud, which more or less caused confusion.

pass it on, brotha!
whee.gif

OK I'm gonna go get my powerjuice on and when I come back this thread better amuse me while I guzzle my water.

Was that a proper use of the word?

I like how the poll threads have become interference party threads.

I think that the usual phrasing would be "I'm gonna go Powerjuice up in this bitch and drink some water", but, getting yo' Powerjuice on seems fairly legitimate to me as well. I hope you read and enjoyed Powerjuice: Origins on Page one of this fine thread.

No spoken words said:
I think that the usual phrasing would be "I'm gonna go Powerjuice up in this bitch and drink some water", but, getting yo' Powerjuice on seems fairly legitimate to me as well. I hope you read and enjoyed Powerjuice: Origins on Page one of this fine thread.

In 4-5 hours when I'm drunk I'm sure it will be even better.

I've listened to this album so many times, I still have no idea which song is which :reject:

The stand out songs are Slug, YBR and Miss Sarajevo

:( I like Corpse (These Chains Are Way Too Long). It's creepy as hell.

Voted for the Swan. It's just...nothing. I guess "nothing" is better than garbage, but there really aren't any bad songs left.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom