Rest of U2 Survivor: Passengers - Round 11

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vote for your LEAST favorite song

• Slug

Votes: 43 67.2%
  • Your Blue Room

Votes: 21 32.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was very pissed when I was a New Yorker as well. I'm Philadelphian. We hate everything New York.

Varitek said:
I will just have to double my post count, stat. I should go to OOC or something.

Are you sure you want to lower yourself to that?

Let's see how long we can make this thread before cori gets home. :wink:

Social lives are for losers. :tsk:

Topic: how much of a loser you are. :tsk:

:tsk:

Topic: how backwards Axver's last post was.

And hey, I'm going to a debate team meeting first, which in your backwards world should decrease my loserness and in the real world increase it.

I was the treasurer 3 semesters and the president last semester :nerd:

But I mostly kept up with the team to get free trips to World tournaments - I got to Dublin because UCD hosted Worlds 06. :D

I really badly wanted to go to the overseas tournaments but I just don't have the money to afford it. :(

There are tons of Aussies at them, and a few NZers. Especially this year, it was Bangkok so it was quite crowded with asians and aussies. Britain beat Australia in finals - I believe Oxford over Sydney. I was under the impression the institution paid - most American schools pay. Like I said I milk it for the free trips, I wouldn't spend my discresionary income on debate tournaments (though I know a few american grad students who did).

I didn't participate much in debating in 2006 or 2007 (due to shyness when not actually debating, funnily enough), but I got the impression we were going to have to fork out our own money to go. Could've been wrong though.

I'm hoping to get back into things properly this year.

Cork is next year, those guys should throw a mean tournament - they threw a fabulous party on host's night in Bangkok. And 2010 is going to kick ass in Istanbul. But I won't be at either, as I'm graduating in a few months (hopefully).

Well, that just means you have to come to Melbourne so we can settle this Americanish vs Proper English debate once and for all. I will be third speaker for the affirmative on the topic "Proper English is superior to Americanish", plus the entire adjudication panel too. :wink:

Oh yeah third speaker...you australians do weird style. american style is weird too, as in, not BP/worlds style, but I fully admit the superiority of worlds style. And if I could go to 1 more tournament it would be Irish, because they party the whole weekend, or euros in estonia.

I love our style. Mainly because being third speaker really, really suits me. :wink:

Our style has 3 speeches a side, but the first speaker gives the first and last speech.

BP still kicks ass.

Also I am watching a bunch of freshmen give the lamest round ever that started with a tight case (we have open resolutions in the US and thus you can have tight or undebatable cases).

I was wondering what you were doing online. :wink:

Honestly, I'll do anything that's rebuttal-heavy just because I'm an arsehole who suits that. The most exciting thing that happened to me in debating was when the Point of Information rule was introduced. I actually once made a girl quit her speech just through offering Points of Information repeatedly. What can I say? Her speech was shithouse.

phillyfan26 said:
Debating kicks copious amounts of ass. I loved intellectually owning people.

How about when you get owned, Danimal?

"Mom, can I...."

"No"

"But you didn't even hear my request"

"No"

"I should have gone to THE EXCEPTION"

pwned.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom