Rest of U2 Survivor: October - Round 6

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vote For Your Least Favorite Song

• Gloria

Votes: 5 11.9%
  • I Threw a Birck

Votes: 22 52.4%
  • Rejoice

Votes: 10 23.8%
  • Tomorrow

Votes: 5 11.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

corianderstem

Blue Crack Distributor
I Fall Down (21 votes) was thrown down a flight of stairs, narrowly missing I Threw a Brick (20 votes) on its way down.

VOTE FOR YOUR LEAST FAVORITE SONG

Polls will remain open for 48 hours.
Songs in this round:

- Gloria
- I Threw A Brick
- Rejoice
- Tomorrow

Criteria for song selection (at least for the albums): anything on the regular pressings of the Best Of 1980-1990, Best Of 1990-2000, and U2:18 is excluded.

sad, IFD is one of U2's most underrated songs IMO and would be amazing live if they gave it the Vertigo-Electric Co. treatment.

i'm throwing a brick at I Threw A Brick.

I'm really glad Brick made it to this round instead of the insufferably mundane I Fall Down, but now I'm going to have to vote for it. Gloria's one of the most rousing and anthemic songs in the U2 catalogue; Tomorrow is very moving and an adventure in well-constructed haunting atmosphere; and Rejoice is Larry's finest hour. I Threw A Brick simply can't compete, despite its fine drumming and stifling atmosphere that strongly reflects its thematic content.

corianderstem said:
Maybe it's the Swedish chef's version!

"Birck! Birck! Birck!"

Bork! Bork! Bork! :tsk:

SwedishChefSmall.jpg

Hey, cori, do you think perhaps round 7 should start a day early? I would most certainly advocate the mercy rule in the case of this round. The result is already a considerable landslide and it's bound to only get bigger. Shall we put Brick out of its misery and move on?

I wont vote for brick. I think it's one of U2's best live songs, I hope that it will be brought back one day in concert as the combination of it with A Day Without Me is one of U2's most sublime moments.
Gloria and Tomorrow are untouchable so that leaves me with Rejoice.

Voted for Rejoice:reject:
Brick is one of my fav songs of October , love to see it back next tour.
So I had to choose for Rejoice , sorry:wink:

Cheers ,

Mauwer

p.s. The last round will be tough when clearly Gloria and Tomorrow are up for battle.

Rejoice...we will.

Some kickass songs left, a shame to vote any of them off. ITaB(TaW) deserves a better fate than this massacre :(

Axver, I don't really see why not. Maybe we could do that going forward; if, after a day of voting, there are no close races, I could declare the poll closed and start a new one.

Any objections?

If anyone sees an issue with that, pipe up now. Otherwise, I'll do the new poll when I get home tonight.

corianderstem said:
Axver, I don't really see why not. Maybe we could do that going forward; if, after a day of voting, there are no close races, I could declare the poll closed and start a new one.

Any objections?

If anyone sees an issue with that, pipe up now. Otherwise, I'll do the new poll when I get home tonight.

Yep, sounds good. If a song's leading by 15+ votes, it's safe to say it's gone. I think it's best to move on and keep the game moving.

Back
Top Bottom