Rest of U2 Survivor: NON-ALBUM TRACKS 1987-89 - Round 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vote For Your Least Favorite Song

• Luminous Times

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • Walk To the Water

Votes: 3 6.4%
  • Spanish Eyes

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Deep In the Heart

Votes: 5 10.6%
  • Silver and Gold

Votes: 7 14.9%
  • Race Against Time

Votes: 19 40.4%
  • Hallelujah Here She Comes

Votes: 10 21.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

corianderstem

Blue Crack Distributor
A Room At The Heartbreak Hotel is out (17 votes).

VOTE FOR YOUR LEAST FAVORITE SONG

Polls will remain open for 24 hours for the non-album track rounds.

Songs in this round:

- Luminous Times (Hold On To Love)
- Walk To The Water
- Spanish Eyes
- Deep In The Heart
- Silver And Gold
- Race Against Time
- Hallelujah Here She Comes

Criteria for song selection (at least for the albums): anything on the regular pressings of the Best Of 1980-1990, Best Of 1990-2000, and U2:18 is excluded.

If you are unfamiliar with these songs, please post your email address, and I will email you links to download the songs in these non-album rounds (even though most of us may have some of the songs already).

If there's any justice in the world of Interference... Luminous Times (HOLD ON TO LOVE) WILL win...

so... screw Spanish Eyes (the other one that could win)

Last edited:
Why would you vote for Spanish Eyes now? How in the world would that help Luminous Times?

I have a feeling Race Against Time's going to lose here. Much too early. Like Sixty Seconds last round. Unfortunate.

Hallelujah Here She Comes. Have you people listened to it lately? It's as bad as Rise Up. :|

Deep In The Heart is one of the (if not THE) best song here! :yell:

Silver And Gold studio version is kinda meh. And... I know I'm gonna get flak for it but Walk to the Water never did much for me.

I'm with you on that one, Zoots. I've never liked Walk to the Water. I'm generally not a fan of lyrics spoken instead of sung.

phillyfan26 said:
Why would you vote for Spanish Eyes now? How in the world would that help Luminous Times?

I can't vote for Spanish Eyes?

is there an order to follow I wasn't told about?

how that helps?... well... I don't know, but it helps ME

I'm all for a three-way win of Luminous Times, Spanish Eyes and Hallelujah Here She Comes. (But it looks like HHSC, like RATHH is going to go earlier than it should :madspit:)

Silver and Gold gets my vote this round.

the tourist said:
Hallelujah Here She Comes. Have you people listened to it lately? It's as bad as Rise Up. :|

WTF? Rise Up is not only the best of the unreleased songs from the JT remaster, not only better than all but two songs here (those two being Spanish Eyes and Luminous Times), but frankly deserved to be on JT more than TTYW and ISHFWILF.

pepokiss said:

It's not that you shouldn't vote for Spanish Eyes, but that your logic doesn't make sense. Voting for it now does nothing to help Luminous Times win, and voting on strategy at this stage is just pointless.

Axver said:

WTF? Rise Up is not only the best of the unreleased songs from the JT remaster, not only better than all but two songs here (those two being Spanish Eyes and Luminous Times), but frankly deserved to be on JT more than TTYW and ISHFWILF.

:laugh:

You can't be serious.

Diemen said:

:laugh:

You can't be serious.

Rise Up is a great song. I needn't explain TTYW, and frankly, ISHFWILF bores me incredibly.

Axver said:

While I agree with you about TTYW, I heartily disagree with you about Rise Up. It's kind of like how you love Bass Trap and I think it's the most boring thing in the world. :shrug: Anyway, my perfect Joshua Tree would look much different than your perfect Joshua Tree as mine would look like this:

Where The Streets Have No Name
Silver and Gold
I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
With Or Without You
Spanish Eyes
Bullet The Blue Sky
Running To Stand Still
Heartland
Deep In The Heart
In God's Country
One Tree Hill
Exit

pepokiss said:

No, it's your reasoning. You're voting for it because you want Luminous Times to win. Only, it doesn't add up because:

1. I doubt you dislike Spanish Eyes more than these other songs. Your phrasing indicates that.

2. If you're voting for Spanish Eyes to help Luminous Times win ... it doesn't make sense at this point. Luminous Times is in no danger right now.

3. If you were voting to "save" Luminous Times, you'd vote for the most likely song to poll strongly. Thus, something like Deep in the Heart or Race Against Time which will have other votes and a chance to lose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom