Rest of U2 Survivor: NON-ALBUM TRACKS 00-07 - Round 1

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vote For Your Least Favorite Song

• Summer Rain

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Always

Votes: 9 16.1%
  • Big Girls Are Best

Votes: 30 53.6%
  • The Ground Beneath Her Feet

• Stateless

Votes: 6 10.7%
  • Are You Gonna Wait Forever

Votes: 5 8.9%
  • Fast Cars

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was going off the worldwide standard release. TGBHF was only a bonus track on ATYCLB in a few countries (UK, Australia, Japan, I think) - my copy has it and is much better for it, but if we put TGBHF with ATYCLB, then we'd have to put Holy Joe with Pop, and that'd just be weird.

pepokiss said:
Tasteless

I couldn't have described your musical preferences in these survivors any better. :wink:

As for my vote, though I kinda dig it for being just a fun little pop song, Big Girls is clearly not up to par with the rest.

List of preference:

1. The Ground Beneath Her Feet
2. Stateless
3. Summer Rain
4. Are You gonna Wait Forever
5. Fast Cars
6. Always
7. Big Girls Are Best

Diemen said:

I couldn't have described your musical preferences in these survivors any better. :wink:

come on.. let me have fun :wink:

I've already stated why I sometimes vote like I do.. mainly to amuse myself... and you guys freaking out is hillarious :lol:

I think it's obvious that TGBHF has the advantage here...

but I think FAST CARS is a lot more risky... and enjoyable... I'm pulling for that one

Gotta vote out the fat chicks. Definitely don't agree with the statement. :censored:

My rankings:

2. Summer Rain
3. Fast Cars
4. Always
5. Stateless
6. Are You Gonna Wait Forever
7. Big Girls Are Best

Fucking Stateless has 5 votes??? Are you people mad???

Always sounds like something Bono wrote on the john. Get it away from me.

For me

1. Ground beneath her feet
2. Stateless
3. Fast cars
4. Summer rain
5. Are you gonna wait forever
6. Always
7. Big girls are best

I had no idea that BGAB was such a "disliked" song (in the scheme of things). I think it's kind of fun, though I disagree with the sentiment :wink:

Why are we even having this round? We should just give the title to The Ground Beneath Her Feet and call it a day. Frankly, it's probably the best song they've done this decade, whether it was on the album or not.

as usual Interference votes the WRONG one out first...what the hell's Always doing shitting pretty fucking sweet with only 6 votes?! :|

For me:

2. Fast Cars
3. Stateless
4. Summer Rain
5. Big Girls Are Best
6. Always
7. Are You Gonna Wait Forever

I don't get the dislike for Always. It's nearly as good as Beautiful Day.

1. Stateless
2. The Ground Beneath Her Feet
3. Fast Cars
4. Summer Rain
5. Are You Gonna Wait Forever
6. Big Girls Are Best
7. Always

1. Stateless
The Ground Beneath Her Feet
Big Girls Are Best
2. Are You Gonna Wait Forever
Summer Rain
Fast Cars
3. Always

could never make a proper 1-7 list so just listed them as 1- love them 2- really like them 3- fuck off.

the tourist said:

It's got some serious lyrical clunkers.

So does Beautiful Day. So does just about everything from that era. It comes with the territory.

even when you ignore the lyrics it's just all-round uninspiring song. Really dull, uses the same old bassline that turns up in one too many U2 songs and even the chorus is lacklustre. Thank god it became Beautiful Day is all I can say, just think it would have been better never seeing the light of day even as a B-side or 'candid insight into the way it evolved'.

I just listened to both Always and BGAB again. And BGAB is much better, in my opinion. More fun, less sucky lyrics. Always could be their worst song ever lyrically! :no:

the tourist said:

It's got some serious lyrical clunkers.

QFT

Big girls are definitely not the best.
Living in London, my copies of ATYCLB and HTDAAB had both fast cars and ground beneath her feet on them, so it feels very weird seeing them here. I think they're two of the best songs on those albums!

Mine list woul be ,

01 TGBHF
02 Summer Rain
03 Fast Cars
04 Stateless
05 Are You Gonna Wait Forever
06 Always
07 Big Girls Are The Best

Cheers ,

Mauwer

Status
Not open for further replies.