Rest of U2 Survivor: HTDAAB - Round 7

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vote For Your Least Favorite Song

• Love and Peace

Votes: 56 72.7%
  • City of Blinding Lights

Votes: 21 27.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
ImOuttaControl said:

Wow...

Just...wow....

I hope you learn to deal with people. I'm sure you're a good person, but this isn't the way to deal with people. Online posting is often misinterpreted...I hold no one to what they say online

I'm actually fantastic at dealing with people, as it turns out. So much so that I made a profession out of it. Go figure.

:bows:

ImOuttaControl said:

Ya...that's the word I was going for...I won't even edit it...I've been on 3 hours of sleep per night for a week now...I'm entitled to be dumb!

Amen. :|

I know it's completely futile, but I voted for COBL. I love both songs, but I loved LAPOE first; it was the only song that jumped out at me on my first few listens of Bomb.

They both fucking went OFF live. :rockon:

Regarding the double elimination thing... I think it's a bit suss to close polls early deliberately to catch one, but that's just because I'm anally retentive. It's just an internet poll, I don't really care one way or the other. :shrug:

ImOuttaControl said:

Wow...

Just...wow....

I hope you learn to deal with people. I'm sure you're a good person, but this isn't the way to deal with people. Online posting is often misinterpreted...I hold no one to what they say online

I just read this thread now, and I know it's mostly over, and I still don't get why there was a 5 page debate on an insignificant and fairly moot point, but I have 2 things to say:

1. Pfan knows how to deal with people, and he knows how to post online and interpret it, and if you missed his joke, that is an error of your interpretation. Now whether or not he is a good person, I cannot say, because Dalton and NSW are still attempting to mold him in their images.

2. Thank God 7th grade curriculums do not include statistics.

COBL. It's not even that good live, never mind the studio version. I know it's going to win but I had to diss it in this thread before it rides the mercy-wave to victory.

I kind of agree with OuttaControl, but mainly that's because I'm a little pissy about OOTS being eliminated. In this particular case I'd have maybe held off because all 3 songs were so close, and who's to say that MD or OOTS might not have done better in the final...but we all knew going in that COBL would win. Between people's insistence on basing their vote on the live versions (hard not to, honestly) and the fact that Interference insanely overrates COBL (we had a COBL vs. Streets thread in here for fuck's sake, Streets).

There is corruption in the force, i demand a new poll !.

Vote COBL out!

I'll close this when I get home, because I'm not prepared to start the new poll.

Also, with the next few non-album rounds, I'll be uploading the songs in the running so people can hear them if they're unfamiliar with them.

I need to go home and upload them so I have a link to send out. :)

corianderstem said:
What a strange final two.

Repeating from last thread:

If people aren't cool with the closing early to preserve double elimination, pipe up here or in the next poll and I won't do it going forward.

I know one already piped up, but what say all of you?

I think get rid of the alters voting and there may be less need for double (triple) elimination and/or cutting polls short. Keep them all the same length.

Last edited:
Unfortunately, I have no way of even knowing if there are alters being used. That's mod stuff.

part of me wishes we could go back to the old school way of doing it, where you had to post in the thread to vote, but i can only imagine how hard it must've been to go through the thread and tally up the posts. especially these since they can get kind of chatty. it'd be like "wait, did he already vote for...no wait...oh shit let me start over"

COBL is great, but reminds me too much of Streets and them still trying to 'bring back the old days'.

COBL should be outt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom