Rest of U2 Survivor: HTDAAB - Round 3

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vote For Your Least Favorite Song

• Miracle Drug

Votes: 3 3.2%
  • Love and Peace Or Else

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • City of Blinding Lights

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • All Because Of You

Votes: 34 36.6%
  • Crumbs From Your Table

Votes: 14 15.1%
  • Original of the Species

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Yahweh

Votes: 32 34.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

corianderstem

Blue Crack Distributor
One Step Closer is one step farther away from winning this album.

VOTE FOR YOUR LEAST FAVORITE SONG

Polls will remain open for 48 hours, unless one song has taken enough of a beating after a day or so, in which case we'll call it an act of mercy and move on to the next round.

Songs in this round:

- Miracle Drug
- Love And Peace
- City Of Blinding Lights
- All Because Of You
- Crumbs From Your Table
- Original Of The Species
- Yahweh

Criteria for song selection (at least for the albums): anything on the regular pressings of the Best Of 1980-1990, Best Of 1990-2000, and U2:18 is excluded.

Crumbs.

I played a pretty decent round of golf yesterday with Yahweh stuck in my head the entire time. It would have gotten my vote if that hadn't happened.

Yahweh sucks, guys. Live, it's nice. Studio, it's shit.

This is easy. At least ABOY has some decent instrumentation.

Hearing the nice live version of Yahweh at the end of U2 3D today made me realize how awfully overproduced the studio version is. It's got to go.

I would rather listen to studio Yaweh and ABOY on repeat than original of the species. I apprecitate the sentiment, and the dedication to their daughters and all that, but the I find everything form the lyrics to the drumming in that song grating. But Yaweh is next on my list to go. The studio version of that song is so damn shit.

You should all be ashamed of yourselves for kicking off One Step Closer, the best song on the album.

At the moment, ABOY and Yahweh are tied. I want both to go, so I won't break the tie. I'll hold onto my vote and see how this goes.

Axver said:
You should all be ashamed of yourselves for kicking off One Step Closer, the best song on the album.

Agreed , OSC is the best produced song of the album.
There were plenty of others that needed to go before it:(

I voted All Because Of You ( again ).

Cheers ,

Mauwer

Mauwer said:

Agreed , OSC is the best produced song of the album.
There were plenty of others that needed to go before it:(

Yeah, it's one of the very few U2 songs from this decade that has atmosphere. It's beautiful and has nuance and never should have gone so soon. It's far better than simplistic bullshit like ABOY.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom