Rest of U2 Survivor: Boy - Round 1

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vote for your LEAST favorite song

• Twilight

Votes: 6 7.8%
  • An Cat Dubh / Into the Heart

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • Out of Control

• Stories For Boys

• The Ocean

Votes: 20 26.0%
  • A Day Without Me

Votes: 5 6.5%
  • Another Time, Another Place

Votes: 13 16.9%
  • The Electric Co.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Shadows and Tall Trees

Votes: 27 35.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Aygo said:

[vote]+[-tation]

Two simple morphems that exist in every european language. It's not hard to guess its (supposed) meaning (not supposed because it exists in latin-based languages).

OK, stop being a dipshit. I knew you meant vote+ation. But what the hell are you referring to with this made-up word? The poll format (e.g. lots of rounds, only being able to vote for one song, selecting your least rather than most favourite)? The criteria used to include/exclude songs from the poll? Something else? Stop being difficult and tell us what you meant, as it could be interpreted multiple ways, as I have just outlined.

And for the third bloody time, answer this question: what problem do you have with the "votation"?

Shadows and Tall Trees? WHat a disgrace. Maybe I've missed something, but where was I Will Follow?? That would have got my vote.

An Cat Gav said:
Maybe I've missed something, but where was I Will Follow?? That would have got my vote.

This is the "Rest Of" U2 - i.e. what's not on Best Of 1980-1990, 1990-2000, and U2:18. In other words, let's get rid of the classics, the predictable results, and see what overlooked gem comes out at the top of the heap. I think it'll be interesting, as opposed to the generic Song Survivor that left nobody surprised with its One vs Streets final, or Album Survivor with its Achtung vs JT final.

Shadows because I admit that although I have listened to Boy millions of times, when I read the poll list I had to go and listen to SATT because I could not remember it.

It must mean something...

Axver said:

OK, stop being a dipshit. I knew you meant vote+ation. But what the hell are you referring to with this made-up word? The poll format (e.g. lots of rounds, only being able to vote for one song, selecting your least rather than most favourite)? The criteria used to include/exclude songs from the poll? Something else? Stop being difficult and tell us what you meant, as it could be interpreted multiple ways, as I have just outlined.

And for the third bloody time, answer this question: what problem do you have with the "votation"?

1st question: The poll format
2nd question: its rules of exclusion/of choosing songs.

Happy?

dr. zooeuss said:
love the passion you have for this song- ! i would love to see you make this video. the fact that some don't consider it one of the band's best shouldn't dampen your love for it, and obviously it hasn't.
Let's make a deal. You buy me a new video camera, and I'll get right on it :wink:

I'll even give special thanks to you in the credits!

Ok this doesn't relate to this round or Boy specifically, but I noticed the master list posted by corr reads as follows for HTDAAB

HTDAAB
- Miracle Drug
- Love And Peace
- City Of Blinding Lights
- All Because Of You
- Crumbs
- One Step Closer
- Original Of The Species
- Yahweh

Why isn't A Man and a Woman listed? I'm new to this, and I can't figure out why? Any reason? Thanks

I do not! :grumpy:

It's because Axver hates it! :wink:

That just might be an oversight. Thanks for pointing it out!

Back
Top Bottom