Rest of U2 Survivor: ATYCLB - Round 1

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vote For Your Least Favorite Song

• Kite

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • In a Little While

Votes: 3 3.4%
  • Wild Honey

Votes: 18 20.2%
  • Peace On Earth

Votes: 16 18.0%
  • When I Look At the World

Votes: 7 7.9%
  • New York

Votes: 12 13.5%
  • Grace

Votes: 31 34.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
corianderstem said:
I always think I like this album, but when I look at the list of songs, there's just so much on it that's just plain old mediocre.

So you're saying it's just so great as an "album" that you can't figure out why you love it?

I love "albums" where all songs make up the whole experience. That was what was lacking with HTDAAB---great songs, but no overall feeling.

ImOuttaControl said:

So you're saying it's just so great as an "album" that you can't figure out why you love it?

I love "albums" where all songs make up the whole experience. That was what was lacking with HTDAAB---great songs, but no overall feeling.

I do as well, I just think that this album doesn't have nearly enough cohesion to make up for the weak songs.

ImOuttaControl said:

No, actually, but thanks for trying to analyze my criticism of the album. :wink:

When I think of U2 albums, this one always pops up in my mind as one I rather like ... until I pull it out and listen to it and end up skipping many songs.

On edit: and I agree with what pfan just said.

phillyfan26 said:

I do as well, I just think that this album doesn't have nearly enough cohesion to make up for the weak songs.

The only weak song I see on the whole album is really Peace on Earth, mainly because of the song placement. The original listing (before the edge screwed it up) is much better.

Other albums, such as TUF or TJT, or RAH...and others, have many more weak songs IMO

New York could have been good, but it lacks oomph, and the lyrics are pretty poor.

I've given Grace the shaft in the past, but its subtletly has grown on me in the last year or so.

ImOuttaControl said:
Other albums, such as TUF or TJT, or RAH...and others, have many more weak songs IMO

The Joshua Tree has more weak songs than this one? MANY more?

Okay, you've completely lost me now. :wink:

corianderstem said:

The Joshua Tree has more weak songs than this one? MANY more?

Okay, you've completely lost me now. :wink:

Like many things, this is all up to personal opinion...

TJT...I feel that Trip Through Your Wires, Mothers of the Disappeared, Exit (not live), and Bullet (album, not live) to be extremely weak on the album. Since my first listen I thought that TJT was too "front loaded," just as ATYCLB is. TJT is a masterpiece, especially the remastered version....but I also think that ATYCLB is.

Yes, of course it's your personal opinion.

And I disagree with your personal opinion so much that our paths have diverged, and you have, as I said, completely lost me.

You've never participated in a potato sack race?

sigh. Young people today. You're missin' out, man.

New York :madwife:

I like Grace :reject:

This is going to get tough ... Kite is so far ahead of the pack for me its ridiculous. I'd forgetten how bad this album is ...

Its really a shame that most of the world didn't get The Ground Beneath Her Feet. That is one of the only redeeming features of this album.

Last edited:
Yes! hate for New York!

I will now withhold my vote in hopes of pushing a tie later. Particularly a 3+ way tie :drool: as there are 4 that deserve to have never been on the album in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom