Replace a Song on Achtung Baby!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Which AB track would you vote "off the Island"?

• Zoo Station

Votes: 5 10.4%
  • Even Better Than The Real Thing

Votes: 6 12.5%
  • One

Votes: 2 4.2%
  • Until the End of the World

• Who's Gonna Ride...

Votes: 6 12.5%
  • So Cruel

Votes: 5 10.4%
  • The Fly

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mysterious Ways

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Tryin' To Throw...

Votes: 12 25.0%
  • Ultraviolet

• Acrobat

Votes: 3 6.3%
  • Love is Blindness

Votes: 4 8.3%

• Total voters

One Tree Still

Acrobat
Part 1.

If you could replace 1 song on AB, which one would it be? (see poll)

Part 2.

Now, you need to replace that song with another one from the entire U2 collection - which one would that be? (answer in the thread)

I would replace EBTTRT with...

Lady With the Spinning Head
(sort of a prelude to the Fly a la Pink Floyd's "Dark Side of the Moon" track scenario)

Last edited:
I could never ever change a single note of Achtung Baby. It's the one album that is sheer perfection from start to finish.

Tryin' to throw.. is my least favourite song on the album... but I still really like it. I might replace it with a recording of itself played the way they do it live.

sulawesigirl4 said:
I could never ever change a single note of Achtung Baby. It's the one album that is sheer perfection from start to finish.

I agree, but for the sake of the poll, I would vote off Zoo Station and replace it with Salome.

Easy; Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses is nixed in favor of the remix, which is really the definitive version anyway, of Lady With the Spinning Head. That, or the Temple Bar Edit (which I think is the longer, complete one, oddly), of itself. I just don't care for the mix that made the album.

Last edited:
sulawesigirl4 said:

i agree. don't change anything on that magic album

Vote off Love is Blindness and replace with Salome.

1.) Zoo Station
2.) Even Better than the Real Thing
3.) The Fly
4.) Salome
5.) Mysterious Ways
6.) Until the End of the World
7.) Acrobat
8.) Tryin' to Throw Your Arms Around the World
9.) Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses
10.) So Cruel
11.) One
12.) Ultra Violet

The album is perfect, but if I must choose, I would get rid of Trying to Throw Your Arms Around the World.

Who the hell voted for "One"?...Not only is that arguably U2's best song, but without it, there may have NEVER been an Achtung Baby, Zooropa, Pop, or ATYCLB!!!!!

YOU CAN'T VOTE OFF ONE! It was the first song, it brought everything together! Who knows what would have happened if it wasn't written? U2 may have never been able to get it together.

mmm, tough one
I would throw out EBTTRT, Whose's gonna ride, So Cruel, Trying to throw or Ultraviolet

I guess Ultraviolet has got to go
replacement not needed

These polls looked like fun but some of them are not too nice. This was bad for me, this is my favorite album. But I have always wanted to add Stay to AB so I will replace So Cruel even though that is so cruel.

Don't take these polls to personally Veranda!:p

It's just hypothetical!

The Bono's Hair poll is the same way - just a gauge to see what people think. Looks like most people liked his ATYCLB mullet after all! :sexywink:

Back
Top Bottom