Remixes are NOT evil

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ouizy

Rock n' Roll Doggie
I am beginning to believe the S+Q remix of Beautiful Day and the Influx remix of Elevation are better than the originals.

I cannot stop listening to the Influx remix.

It is groovy.

-------OUIZY-------

I'll have to listen to them some more, I guess.

I don't know...for some reason I tend to take a negative view of remixes, but maybe that's because of all the dance music I listened to in seventh grade! :lol:

Nahhhh Wertsie - I understand what you are saying, but I think these two in particular are great. I could not say the same for the Even Better Than the Real Thing remix CD though...

i'm on the fence where remixes are concerned. some are good, some are bad. i tend to take them as a case-by-case basis, so i never expect anything other than for it to sound different from the original. and sometimes it's not. i remember listening to one remix, and the only different thing about it was that they shaved off like 15 or so seconds of the song, but shortening instrumental breaks during the time in between the chorus and the start of the next verse. i was like :scratch: this is a remix? :D

I think it really depends from remix to remix. I like the Oakenfold remix of Beautiful Day but I do NOT like his perfecto remixes of Lemon & EBTRTT. I think its the woman's voice that gets on my nerves.

I love the remixes that Paul Van Dyk did of Elevation but I may be a little bias! After all it was my two favorite musical entities coming together :D

A non U2 remix that I like is Kylie Minogue - Love at First Sight (Scrumfrog remix) but I can't stand the original *lol* Is that weird?

I generally like remixes. Some are obviously better than others. But I get excited when I hear about a new remix of a U2 song because it's interesting to hear.

I love Melon!

ooh! ooh! ooh! and that remix of Wire!

ooh! ooh! ooh! and the Discotheque remixes cd!

luvresqme said:
A non U2 remix that I like is Kylie Minogue - Love at First Sight (Scrumfrog remix) but I can't stand the original *lol* Is that weird?

I like that song... :eek: Where can I get the remix??

luvresqme said:
I think it really depends from remix to remix. I like the Oakenfold remix of Beautiful Day but I do NOT like his perfecto remixes of Lemon & EBTRTT. I think its the woman's voice that gets on my nerves.

LOL :D For me it's exactly the other way around. I love the Perfecto remix of Even Better Than The Real Thing, but I'm less impressed by the Perfecto remix of Beautiful Day. :) I think it's the woman's voice that makes the difference. LOL :D

Anyway, while of the subject of Oakenfold and U2, Mysterious Ways (Perfecto Remix) is great too, as is the Jeep Mix of Lemon (I'm not that fond of the Perfecto Remix of that track).

So Oakie has been a hit and miss affair AFAI'm Concerned (is that an accepted Internet abbrevation AFAIC?)

C ya!

Marty

I have a question...

Am I the only one that thinks the "Staring at the sun (sad bastard mix)" is brilliant? Probably one of my favorite remixes. I'm also a big fan of "If God Will Send His Angels (the Grand Jury mix)".

- z -

:shifty: I kinda like the Sad Bastard mix too....just kind of a down low groove. I love the perfecto of Mysterious Ways.......and who can dis the Temple Bar remix of WGRYWH?........so much better. BTW I like the Grand Jury Mix of Angels too because you can understand some more of the scat singing at the end of the song. Remixes are like many people have said.....good or bad, but it is always interesting to see the direction a song could have gone.

luvresqme said:
no, not at all! i don't hate the song, but when i heard it (the original), it sounded kinda shitty, not music-wise but in quality. it sounded like a realaudio stream! :huh:

Back
Top Bottom