Reminder: VH1 I love The 80's 1986-87 Thursday Night - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > Everything You Know Is Wrong > Everything You Know Is Wrong Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 12-19-2002, 10:03 PM   #21
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 08:28 PM

Did anyone catch that little Creed dig near the end? LOL

U2 rock my world.

Old 12-19-2002, 10:05 PM   #22
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally posted by Schmeg

Edited to add: That Public Service Announcement..."I learned it from watching you!!" Never, NEVER say this to your mother when you come home drunk at 3 in the morning!
And also...
"When they called Bono a rock God, they weren't kidding!"

LMAO, I know...I was saying it before the kid did.

I still have converse sneaks. hehe

Old 12-19-2002, 10:07 PM   #23
Blue Crack Addict

Location: basking in my post-concert glow still mesmerized by the orbit of his hips..Also Holding Bono Close as he requested.
Local Time: 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Schmeg

i used to watch small wonder and I remember the one where her head turned around backwards and I thought it was the coolest thing in the world...

Edited to add: That Public Service Announcement..."I learned it from watching you!!" Never, NEVER say this to your mother when you come home drunk at 3 in the morning!

gah memories of Middle School tonight. I love this whole special!

U2!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-19-2002, 10:13 PM   #24
Blue Crack Addict

Location: basking in my post-concert glow still mesmerized by the orbit of his hips..Also Holding Bono Close as he requested.
Oh and SWATCH Watches! I had two of them with the SWATCH guards. and had Yellow Chuck Taylors.
Old 12-19-2002, 10:15 PM   #25
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 07:28 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by LarryMullen's_POPAngel
Did anyone catch that little Creed dig near the end? LOL

Well Bono was the messiah, until Creed.
Old 12-19-2002, 10:34 PM   #26
MBH
Acrobat

Local Time: 01:28 AM
What a fu#@$% as#%%#!!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by KhanadaRhodes

yeah, when i see the top 100 countdowns, he's on like every one of them, praising them, except for U2.

I JUST HAD TO SPOUT OFF AND THERE IS NO BETTER PLACE TO DO THIS AT 11:30 AT NIGHT (est) THAN INTERFERENCE.COM. WHY THE FU@#$ DOES HENRY ROLLINS FEEL THE NEED TO CRITICIZE AND LAMBAST U2 (& BONO) WHENEVER HE GETS A CHANCE?!? I CAN'T STAND THIS GUY!!!!

OBVIOUSLY, I JUST FINISHED WATCHING THE VH-1 SPECIAL ON 1987 AND THERE HE GOES AGAIN. DURING A SEGMENT ABOUT HAIR BANDS HE HAS TO SAY: "I WOULD MUCH RATHER WATCH A BAND THAT SAYS TO ME 'HEY LET'S ROCK N' ROLL' INSTEAD OF SOMEONE WHO SAYS 'HEY THIS IS A SONG ABOUT NICARAGUA, NOW DON'T SMILE."

THIS IS AN OBVIOUS DIG AT "BULLET THE BLUE SKY." IT IS ONE THING TO COMPARE U2 TO A GREAT BAND LIKE THE CLASH AS THIS SHITHEAD HAS DONE IN THE PAST; IT IS ANOTHER TO PUT THEM DOWN TO A FRIVILOUS ACT LIKE THE HAIRBANDS (EVEN THOUGH THEY WERE FUN).

I'LL TELL YOU SOMETHING: I DON'T KNOW WHAT'S MORE PATHETIC: THE FACT THAT THIS PRICK ALWAYS GETS ON MY NERVES OR THE FACT THAT HE HAS TOO CONSTANTLY PUT DOWN U2. I SUPPOSE THAT AT THE VERY LEAST, U2 HAS HAD A SIGNIFICANT IMPACT ON THIS PIECE OF SHIT.

I'VE READ ABOUT ROLLINS AND TRIED TO GET AN UNDERSTADNING ABOUT HIM INSTEAD OF JUST SPOUTING OFF. SOMETIMES HE ACTUALLY HAS INTELLIGENT, THOUGHT-PROVOKING THINGS TO SAY.

HOWEVER, EVERY TIME I TRY TO SEE THROUGH HIS ANGER AND BITTERNESS, HE SAYS OR DOES SOMETHING THAT KNOCKS THE RESPECT-FACTOR RIGHT OUT OF HIM. HIS MUSIC SUCKS, HE HAS NOTHING FUNNY OR PLEASANT TO SAY ABOUT ANYONE (OR SO IT SEEMS) AND ANGER CONTINUOUSLY EMANATES FROM HIM.

HE USED TO BE KNOWN AS THE LEAD SINGER OF ONE OF THE FOUNDING HARDCORE BANDS. NOW HE IS NOTHING MORE THAN A CULTURAL SPOKESMAN, COMMERCIAL PITCHMAN, U2-HATING SON-OF-A-BITCH. HOW SAD.......
Old 12-19-2002, 10:41 PM   #27
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

"Don't smile! This song is about people dying in Nicaragua!"

Wonder who he was talking about? Henry Rollins cracks me up.

I almost died when that one guy made the comment something like, "Imagine how much it sucks being in a band with guys named Bono and The Edge and your name is Larry." lmao.
Old 12-19-2002, 10:58 PM   #28
Blue Crack Addict

Re: Our dear pal Henry...

Heh, he's on that wonderful show on TLC, too...Junk Wars or something? The one where they go to a dump and build catapults or cars out of old parts. Now THERE'S a role that says, "I'm SURE not a washed-up has been!"

He's totally jealous. I didn't know anything about him until I read Flanagan (however, I also lived under the proverbial rock until I graduated from college). I don't think it's too much of a stretch to say that the majority of people in the world have either heard of Bono, or have had their lives touched by him either as an activist or a musician (hell, the word got to me under my rock; I've loved him since 1987!). Bono CONTINUES to touch people's lives twenty-five years into his career. Bono CONTINUES to be the frontman of a band that successfully reinvents itself every five or ten years. Henry Rollins bashes pop culture and hosts a show where people throw garbage. Give me Bono any day!

*promises to get a life and stop watching too much cable television when the sun comes out and she can go to the beach again*
Old 12-19-2002, 11:17 PM   #29
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Rollins is certainly one bitter, bitter man. His U2-hating obsession reveals a whole lot more about him than it does about U2. I'll bet deep down he loathes himself for what's he's become - a washed-up, has-been punk rocker whoring himself to whatever third-rate TV show will have him - and is projecting his self-hatred onto Bono and U2.
Old 12-20-2002, 05:56 AM   #30
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Location: Born under a bad sign with a blue moon in your eyes
I watched this last night too....(between survivor)...and I wish I had seen earlier episodes...

Henry Rollins is a moron

I remembered everything they talked about....crimping, baby on board, chucks.
Old 12-20-2002, 06:10 AM   #31
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Location: Born under a bad sign with a blue moon in your eyes
The whole series will be rerun on Wed Jan 1...starting at 2pm est.

http://www.vh1.com/shows/dyn/i_love_...howtimes.jhtml
Old 12-20-2002, 07:55 AM   #32
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
That PSA they showed-the one Schmeg talked about-oh, my god, I remember seeing that one on T.V. when I was little! It's so weird to know that it's been so long since then.

Okay, quick confession here-PSAs used to scare me when I was little. They always had the scary music or the serious stuff and all that, and...I dunno...they just always scared me (seriously, there have been some rather creepy PSAs in the past).

Those "Baby On Board" signs looked so goofy (I like what that one lady said, "I don't care what you've got on board!").

Liked the bit on U2. It was great (god, I wish I had been at the video shoot for "Where The Streets Have No Name"...what a cool video).

That album's 15 years old now, did you guys realize that?

And it's still awesome. .

Angela
Old 12-20-2002, 08:22 AM   #33
Acrobat

One quick note on Henry Rollins, I saw one interview with him last year when, of course the interviewer had to ask him about U2. He did say something like, their music doesn't rock, its music made for 40 year olds, but he also said that he gave Bono a lot of credit for what he was doing for Africa.

Does anyone else remember this? I think it was some VH1 thing.
Old 12-20-2002, 11:14 AM   #34
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
Originally posted by dipster
One quick note on Henry Rollins, I saw one interview with him last year when, of course the interviewer had to ask him about U2. He did say something like, their music doesn't rock, its music made for 40 year olds, but he also said that he gave Bono a lot of credit for what he was doing for Africa.

Well, what's he going to say?

"Bono is such an asshole, running around Africa trying to help all those poor, starving, sick, dying people. Who does he think he is? A decent human being?"

But I think Henry is pathetically hiLARRYious.
Old 12-20-2002, 01:50 PM   #35
MBH
Acrobat

Local Time: 01:28 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by dipster

I DO REMEMBER THE INTERVIEW THAT YOU REFER TOO. IT WAS ON "LATE NIGHT WITH ZACK," A NOW-DEFUNCT VH-1 SHOW (ROLLINS ON A THIRD-RATE SHOW, BASHING U2, GO FIGURE).

BIG FREAKIN' DEAL THE GUY GAVE A SLIGHT NOD TO BONO FOR PLAYING AN ACTIVE ROLE IN HUMANITY. HE STILL COULDN'T DO IT W/OUT THROWING A FEW KNOCKS IN THERE.

AND HE IS WRONG: U2 DOES NOT MAKE MUSIC FOR 40 YEAR OLDS. THEY MAKE MUSIC FOR EVERYONE AND ARE ONE OF ONLY A FEW BANDS IN HISTORY THAT HAVE CROSSED GENERATIONS, WHICH IS AN AMAZING FEAT. SOMETHING SHITHEAD COULDN'T RELATE TO SINCE HIS NOISE, UHH MUSIC, IS INTENDED FOR BITTER ADOLESCENTS WHO HAVEN'T BEEN HUGGED BY THEIR MOMMY ENOUGH.

I REALLY THOUGHT HE(ROLLINS) WAS SMARTER THAN THIS. HE IS JUST SHOWING HOW PATHETIC, JEALOUS AND BITTER HE REALLY IS......FUCK 'EM!!!
Old 12-20-2002, 02:17 PM   #36
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Boy, MBH is REALLY pissed with all the CAPS thing going on , but yeah, I have to agree with you there. Rollins is a miserable, bitter, f*cked up son of a whore.