REMINDER: U2 on SNL Saturday!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Remember that silly article about Larry wanting to get into acting before its too late? Well, lets see if there is some truth to that.

I can't wait! I'm going to be recording the audio, but I won't have a way to record the video. I'll post it as soon as the performance is over :) I'm sure the video will show up pretty soon after the show though.

A couple of questions;

1. Is there any way I can watch this show in Australia (i.e. online stream)?
2. What time is it actually on? (I'll convert it to my local time myself.)

I probably won't see it, but I'm sure someone out there will have a recording online pretty quickly. Edit: Gorman, just saw your post. You just keep on becoming even more awesome! I'll be looking forward to that audio.

Axver said:
A couple of questions;

1. Is there any way I can watch this show in Australia (i.e. online stream)?
2. What time is it actually on? (I'll convert it to my local time myself.)

I probably won't see it, but I'm sure someone out there will have a recording online pretty quickly.

Unfortunately, there is no online stream. Although, if I can arrange it in time, I could Shoutcast my audio feed live. At the very least, I'll post an audio capture as soon as the show is over.

It's on from 10:35PM to midnight central time. It's 9:30PM central time right now.

Actually, I'd like to test this out. Axver, do you have AIM? Message me if you could, my screen name is g0rman.

username said:
Just so you don't forget.

:wave:

:crazy: I'd never forget! I"ll actually be waiting outside for the boys!! My friends sister walked past the studio and there's already people camped out!

I found out from a friend of mine who is an SNL stand-by line regular and talks to people from the show that U2 has been rehearsing 3 songs for the show instead of the usual 2 that musical guests perform.

It's likely they may open the show with some spoof on the Clinton library thing...very doubtful that Bono and Edge would participate. It would be great if they did three songs though.

Hey... everyone help me test this out and make sure it'll handle the load okay tomorrow night :)

In iTunes or Winamp, or whatever you use, load the following stream: http://66.54.81.31:8000

In iTunes, go to Advanced -> Open Stream

In Winamp, hit control+l (lowercase L)

This stream is a live feed from my TV's audio. If you tune in now, you'll hear Conan ;)

Eric G said:
I found out from a friend of mine who is an SNL stand-by line regular and talks to people from the show that U2 has been rehearsing 3 songs for the show instead of the usual 2 that musical guests perform.

:ohmy:

Would that be a SNL first? Or maybe they just haven't picked so they're rehearsing a few...?

gorman said:
Hey... everyone help me test this out and make sure it'll handle the load okay tomorrow night :)

In iTunes or Winamp, or whatever you use, load the following stream: http://66.54.81.31:8000

This stream is a live feed from my TV's audio. If you tune in now, you'll hear Conan ;)

I can hear some music, I'm guessing it's from your tv! :wave:

Joha_U2 said:

I can hear some music, I'm guessing it's from your tv! :wave:

Yep, that's whatever band Conan has on right now :) Glad to hear it's working! This should be perfect for tomorrow night.

Performing 3 songs wouldn't be a first. Paul Mc Cartney did 3 songs in 1993, and Justin Timberlake did 3 songs last year.

gorman said:

Hmm ... I'm not hearing anything and I'm using WinAmp. Are you still running it now? I just tried WMP and it said it couldn't connect to the server. Edit: WMP is giving me this error - "Windows Media Player cannot connect to the server that has the file you want to play; the server is too busy to handle your request at this time. The server may not be powerful enough to handle a large number of connections at a given time.

Try to play the file at a later time."

(By the way, if you still want to contact me on AIM, I'm AmakAxver, though I'm usually on invisible. Worst that can happen is you'll get my away message.)

Last edited:
Hmm, it should work, in Winamp at least.

My AIM client doesn't seem to work nicely with invisible users. Try messaging me, if you could... my screen name is g0rman

gorman said:

This is going to come in handy for those of us in the west coast! :hyper: Thank you, gorman!

After having tested it with quite a few people, it seems this will work perfectly! In addition to broadcasting the entire SNL show live, I'll also be archiving the audio in very high quality. After the show is over, I'll create torrents of the individual performances, as well as put up a few copies on yousendit. Now if only someone can do video :)

I've taken the streaming test offline, but that address will be the same tomorrow, so hang on to it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom