Remember Today On Radio: U2 Interview & Live Performance

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

paulrg

Refugee
90 MINUTES TO GO!

This is a plea to any Edge-type scientist types in the UK right now. Please could you get set up to record and mp3 encode the Jo Whiley show on Radio 1 from 10.00-12.45 UK time today and then the Zane Lowe show from 19.00-21.00 UK time today. It has been mentioned here before but I see nothing on the boards right now so this is a reminder.

Both shows come live from U2 HQ. The morning one will be a humourous interview, the evening one a live gig.

Please capture & post for those of us outside - these moments only come round every 4 years now.

i plan to record them myself....Defintly the Jo Whitley show...depends if i can get up at 4AM for the live stuff...

i'm sure i wont be the only one.

Will this not be broadcasted over the Radio 1 live feed on their website? (i.e. will it be blocked out?) If it will be, then I should be able to record a copy.

Better get everything set up ... I'll record a copy as well.

They just went over to Jo Whiley briefly. She's already at the studios. She was going around breaking stuff. :huh:

gorman said:
Will this not be broadcasted over the Radio 1 live feed on their website? (i.e. will it be blocked out?) If it will be, then I should be able to record a copy.

It shouldnt be blocked...i mean Stations all over the world have played the album....i was able to listen in australia, without the stream being blocked....still though, you can never be 100%.

ladywithspinninghead, its only 9PM when Jo Whileys show starts here...so yes i'll be in for that...if i get up at 6AM, is another question....sometimes i wake up when i NEED to...others i dont, time will tell ;)

we'll have others recording as i said before...no doubt.

Me too. Recording straight off the digital feed from my NTL set-top-box @ 320kbps ;)

Musicmatch Jukebox is good for something at least! :D

So far, she's just been describing the studio and playing random (non-U2) music. The band is suppose to be there soon...

enajh2 said:
Me too. Recording straight off the digital feed from my NTL set-top-box @ 320kbps ;)

Awesome! I only have the 45Kbps RealAudio stream =/

enajh2 said:

Excellent - that's going to be some file size!

I'm trying to record just the U2 related bits. This is going to be a challenge to put back together in one file :)

I'm going to record the whole lot then edit and post. I will take down my Hall of Fame video so I have about 50Mb of space to play with. To include tonight's gig as well.

Therefore, if anyone hasn't got this and wants it then I suggest you grab it now ;)

U2 UK Music Hall Of Fame Induction WMV Clip 23Mb

I've kind of finished at university now (just my viva to go) but if I can get onto campus tomorrow I can post high quality audio then :up:

If ppl are prepared to be patient I will do this properly and put the tracks in one place on my website :)

I'm unemployed right now so it's not like I have anything better to do today! :rolleyes: :lol:

Alan

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom