Remember Today On Radio: U2 Interview & Live Performance

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've just lost my digital feed! That was close. Analogue FM is working okay.

Can someone just confirm there was nothing after The Killers track finished playing? :)

Aardvark747 said:

Indeed. I hate it. Apparently Bono is a fan of the Killers tho..:eyebrow:

... Really? I hope not!

And now I'm off to bed so I can be up in time for the live stuff. Can't wait!

I don't reckon many people could have got away with saying "lying sack of shit(e)" on a national radio station at midday...

enajh2 said:
I've just lost my digital feed! That was close. Analogue FM is working okay.

Can someone just confirm there was nothing after The Killers track finished playing? :)

I've got dead air also. Shit someone call them. My biggest fear is that it will be broken for later.

Last edited:
I should have the recording of the show up soon...

So, the live show starts at 7 Radio 1's time? For us silly americans that are far too tired to do any time calculations, how many hours from now would that be? :)

gorman said:

So, the live show starts at 7 Radio 1's time? For us silly americans that are far too tired to do any time calculations, how many hours from now would that be? :)

1300 central time
or 1PM

gorman said:

Well that 1PM Central time. But I hope they fix their problem or we won't be hearing anything.:banghead:

Oh okay they're back. I might have to leave this on, just in case they're overwhelmed later and I can't get on.

Lucy3011 said:
I don't reckon many people could have got away with saying "lying sack of shit(e)" on a national radio station at midday...

:lol: at least it wasn't American radio - he'd have been strung up for it there! Here someone might say - oops you shouldn't have said that. that's about it. do you remember when john lydon called someone a c*nt live in itv before 9pm :lol: no one really cared about that either!

What do you think they will play?

My bets on : Vertigo/Miracle Drug/ABOY/Sometimes/COBL...
i'd really love to see love and peace squeez in there somewhere...

oh it would be great if they played for an Hour.......

gorman said:
Thanks! This is like the third time in two weeks I've worked my sleep schedule around U2 ;) Gotta love it.

I know what you mean. I've taken a couple of vacation days just so I can be home to listen to these broadcasts.

Yesterday people asked me what I was doing today and I said I have to up at 4AM so I can listen to BBC Radio 1.

Last edited:
:sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

The audio in my recording is corrupted after 1h 7 mins!! Just after Razorlight

:mad: :mad:

It's not done this before. I recorded Lamacq's Evening session last week in it's entirety without any problems.

I think I'll just have to do the best I can.....

All our hopes are resting on you Dave!! :help: No pressure!! ;)

Last edited:
bammo2 said:
I think the guitar bit might be the darkness...

I think it might be a grower :hmm:

Acording to Fran Healey this morning, the guitar is actually Johnny from Radiohead.

enajh2 said:
:sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

The audio in my recording is corrupted after 1h 7 mins!! Just after Razorlight

:mad: :mad:

It's not done this before. I recorded Lamacq's Evening session last week in it's entirety without any problems.

I think I'll just have to do the best I can.....

All our hopes are resting on you Dave!! :help: No pressure!! ;)

Converting to mp3 as we speak :)

Thanks. I'll try and redeem myself this evening :) And I'll think I'll record the audio on a VHS tape as well just to be on the safe side ;)

I really should have done that just now! :hmm: :rolleyes:

enajh2 said:
Thanks. I'll try and redeem myself this evening :) And I'll think I'll record the audio on a VHS tape as well just to be on the safe side ;)

I really should have done that just now! :hmm: :rolleyes:

LOL me too! my stereo is knackered so I'll have to record it off Sky. It's funny with all the advances in technology we've now resorted to taping off the radio on a brick-size VHS cassette!!

Hmm yeah, I'll make a torrent once this is done uploading. Not everyone can use BT, so I'd like to keep a few yousendit links active as well.

It's 32MB, by the way.

Jim said:

LOL me too! my stereo is knackered so I'll have to record it off Sky. It's funny with all the advances in technology we've now resorted to taping off the radio on a brick-size VHS cassette!!

Well, I've got the audio-out from my VCR connected to my PC anyway, so I can record to a tape at the same time in case my computer screws up again.

I'm wondering if my browsing and posting here may have had something to do with the corruption :huh: :hmm:

I always wanted a mini disc recorder for this very purpose but there seems little point now what with the popularity of solid state devices etc and the iPod :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom