Remember to pick the new Live album on Tuesday!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mikal

Blue Crack Addict
It is titled "V". VH1 is playing their new song "Overcome" with pictures of the New York tragedy. It's a very moving song!

------------------
"Look what you did you little JERK!"

"Kevin! You're such a disease!"

"Keep the change you filthy animal!"

Originally posted by z edge:
Live the band?

yes

------------------

I seen part of that and I didn't know what in the hell it was, I thought it was called 'superman' or something.

Originally posted by z edge:
I seen part of that and I didn't know what in the hell it was, I thought it was called 'superman' or something.

Superman is by Five For Fighting. Great song.

------------------

The song is called "Overcome". The video with the emergency workers is very touching. And the emotions of the song ring true.

I have this album (V) on mp3 and plan to buy it as soon as I can. Another brilliant creation by Live.

The best songs on there are Simple Creed, Deep Enough, Flow (Adam Duritz on backup vocals), Transmit Your Love (with 3 U2 references), and Overcome.

AJ

on a radio station here they played the album and I didn't like it
frown.gif
I have all their other Cds and like them better. On V all the songs sound the same. Eh

NEW TORI AMOS TOMORROW TTTTTOOOOOOOO!!!!!
smile.gif

------------------
~*Mona*~
"I know there are groups at the top of the charts that are hailed as the saviors of rock 'n' roll and all that, but they are amateurs. They don't know where the music comes from." ~Bob Dylan~

"What you don't have, you don't need it now. What you don't know, you can feel it somehow." ~U2~

**GOD BLESS AMERICA**

Overcome is on VH1 again. I don't get choked up very easily. My dad always taught me not to cry, because it's a sign of weakness. But this song makes me come close.

------------------

Thanx for reminding me mikal! Is that the international release date do you know? I will be getting it as soon as it comes out.
smile.gif

I believe that's the international release date. Not sure though.

------------------

Originally posted by mikal:
Remember to pick the new Live album on Tuesday!
I will pick on Live every given day of the week

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

I had the opportunity to see Live in my college coliseum last year (or the year before), and they truly are a very special band. U2's influences are written all over them, but that's not a bad thing -- and they're easily among the best of those that follow in the wake of U2 and R.E.M.

And you gotta like Ed and Tricky's mutual collaborations.
smile.gif

But there is one thing I disagree with in this thread.

(Just one? I hear you say. Yeah, just one.)

Superman is by Five For Fighting. Great song.

See, I REALLY don't like that song.

First, I'm a huge Batman fan, and I'm sick of the Superman songs (Spin Doctors' "Jimmy Olsen's Blues" from, a long time ago, cute song; Three Doors Down' "Kryptonite", good but not great; now this). Beyond that, it's a very weepy song. Which is fine and all, but doesn't fit Superman.

For Superman to fray at the edges (a la "Kryptonite") is one thing; it's an interesting but believable twist. But for Superman to whine like that... urgh.

Superman certainly isn't Batman's mortal enemy, but there's a HUGE amount of tension. Thus, I know a good bit about both.

(And I'd be willing to debate ANYONE on who would win in a fight, Batman or Superman.)

Superman may be a lot of things, including an overgrown Boy Scout who sticks his Kryptonian nose where it doesn't belong (Gotham City, for instance), but he's not a wussy.

------------------
- Achtung Bubba

September, streets capsizing,
Spilling over, down the drain

"You know, by God, I actually pity those poor bastards we're goin' up against. By God, I do. We're not just gonna shoot the bastards, we're going to cut out their living guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks. We're going to murder those lousy...bastards by the bushel."
from the film Patton

Originally posted by Achtung Bubba:

First, I'm a huge Batman fan, and I'm sick of the Superman songs (Spin Doctors' "Jimmy Olsen's Blues" from, a long time ago, cute song; Three Doors Down' "Kryptonite", good but not great; now this). Beyond that, it's a very weepy song. Which is fine and all, but doesn't fit Superman.
What about The Kinks' "Superman" and REM's "Superman"?

------------------
The joker is the best card.

Forgot about R.E.M.'s song, and didn't know about the Kinks' song.

That said, I can't comment on the Kinks' song, and I make an exception for R.E.M 'cause they're pretty cool.

(And theier "Superman" fits the icon better.)

------------------
- Achtung Bubba

September, streets capsizing,
Spilling over, down the drain

"You know, by God, I actually pity those poor bastards we're goin' up against. By God, I do. We're not just gonna shoot the bastards, we're going to cut out their living guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks. We're going to murder those lousy...bastards by the bushel."
from the film Patton

I GOT IT TODAY!! My local record store sells stuff as soon as they get it in, as illegal as it may be. Anyways, a song on there called "People Like You" references Bono!!

In a dream I had
I was on stage with Queen
Michael Stipe and Elton John
Bono and Springsteen
Singin' hallelujah, rock and roll is king

Great song.

------------------
The King has spoken!

PLEBA- You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.
smile.gif

Tpyos skcu

[This message has been edited by UnforgettableLemon (edited 09-17-2001).]

Is anybody else weirded out by Ed with hair?

------------------
The King has spoken!

PLEBA- You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. :)

Tpyos skcu

I can't fookin' wait to get the new Live album. A very underapreciated band in my view and they're right up a U2 fan's alley, if anyone doesn't have throwing copper or the distance to here, i strongly recommend picking them up. They're first album has some real good moments, meanwhile I feel they're 3rd album, secret samadia is easily their weakest. "lakini's juice" rocks though. peace out cub scout.

------------------
Mac Phisto's N.Y. Headquarters

Originally posted by UnforgettableLemon:
Is anybody else weirded out by Ed with hair?

Lest we forget...in the early days...in the long ago time...not only did young Edward Kowalczyk have hair, he had extremely LONG hair!

------------------
The joker is the best card.

Live has their moments....but I surely will not be picking up an entire album of theirs......I find most of the stuff to be filler....but having said that its better then most of the stuff out their in todays music world but that doesnt mean that it is anything special. Secondly I think they should stop pretending they are so smart because they simply are not.

Live has their moments....but I surely will not be picking up an entire album of theirs......I find most of the stuff to be filler....but having said that its better then most of the stuff out their in todays music world but that doesnt mean that it is anything special. Secondly I think they should stop pretending they are so smart because they simply are not.

Wow! "Flow" is a great song! I dig "Call Me A Fool" too!

------------------
The purple rabbits say "hello".

Originally posted by UnforgettableLemon:
What about "People Like You"?

I love it!(Especially the Bono reference!) Great lyrics! Lot's of energy!

------------------

Where the boys in LIVE? They're pissin' in the mainstream

------------------
The King has spoken!

Tpyos skcu

"Heros of Love" is great too!

Simply a great album!

------------------

Just finished listening to it. Like it for the most part...need to listen a little more to fully engulf it.
"Overcome" is startling considering the timing of the release.
Really like "Deep Enough".

I find it interesting that the liner notes say: Lyrics and Music by Ed Kowalczyk, Performed by LIVE.
So the other members contributed zero to the songwriting for this album?

Hiphop influence is definitely prevelent on a few tracks.

I picked it up today! It kicks ass! A lot different than their older stuff, but really good!

------------------

I picked it up today! It kicks ass! A lot different than their older stuff, but really good!

They have more of a heavy edge, and I think the phrasing shows some hip-hop influences, just slightly.

------------------
The King has spoken!

Tpyos skcu

Originally posted by brucie:

They are a wee bit more humble on this effort.

------------------
The King has spoken!

Tpyos skcu

Back
Top Bottom