remember modsavage?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
as far as I know, when Wire fell apart, he moved to rewired and the Yahoo LA group...

is Wire still around? Things sure were getting nasty there

mod was cool, he sent me some boots
biggrin.gif

I just went through my wire mail for the first time in ages. I saw nothing from Mod, and I found a goodbye letter from J. I guess that list is changing and shifting people too, like this forum. More and more people disappear or drift away or stop posting while new ones appear until I hardly recognize the place.

oh, modsavage still posts on wire from time to time...

I LOVE U2!

YAY!

ME

lmao... he's a character, that's for sure!!
wink.gif

I was on Wire before running across Interference. This community is about a billion times better.
biggrin.gif
Wire seemed like one big bitch-fest.
tongue.gif

YAY

lol I agree with Ally!

Modsavage gave me my very first bootleg!! awwwwwwwwww!!

*waves at Mod if he's out there*

(although he'd recognize me as JCLD)

------------------
Print shirts and southern accents
Cigars and big hair

*U2TakeMeHigher*

[This message has been edited by oliveu2cm (edited 05-03-2002).]

Originally posted by daisybean:
I think I was on The Wire for about ten minutes.... too much bickering

I was on there for a day, then I switched it to no-mail.

------------------
"You must not look down on someone just 'cos they are 14 years old. When I was that age I listened to the music of John Lennon and it changed my way of seeing things, so I'm just glad that 14 year olds are coming to see U2 rather than group X." - Bono, 1988

Popheart.org

Wire was the first U2 mailing list I ever joined and was on it for several years...but it turned into a Bon Jovi bashing ...I remember Modsavage and J. I really never understood what J was about....

It did change when it went to Yahoo...

I did learn how to deal with American bashing there though
smile.gif

dream wanderer

Mod is the best...I think he's still on Wire though I met him through U2LA . He's such a nice guy, I owe him big time, he's given me pretty much all my bootlegs *kisses feet*.

I'll pass on the link to this thread when I see him online, he'd get a kick outta of it.

------------------
Long live the lemon!!!

ouizy~~~~~~~~~~ignorant.

I had always heard of Wire, but never knew what it was - anyone want to take a minute and explain what it was/is to me?

thanks

Mod is still on Wire and also on u2-list. List is not as mean as Wire.

As far as J is concerned, I think he loves U2, but he hates POP. I think it is a simple as that.

------------------
Cheers!
Meringue

I traded with someone recently and was given "Modsavage's U2 Live B-Sides CD" and "Modsavage's Enhanced Superbowl Halftime" on CD.

I haven't viewed or listened to the Superbowl one, but the Live B-Sides totally rocks! Mostly live songs from Popmart, a few Elevation.

Anyhow, I was wondering who Modsavage was and then came across this thread!
smile.gif
smile.gif

------------------
?....we?re being thrown out of the studio, we spent 10 minutes writing this next song, 10 minutes recording it, 10 minutes mixing it, 10 minutes playing it back and that?s nothing to do with why it?s called ?40??.? ? Bono - 4/29/87, Chicago, IL

I never particapted in Wire and don't know Modsavage, but he and his good works were mentioned in an AustralianU2 email yesterday and it made me think he must be a kind person. Coincidence, nice one
smile.gif

Originally posted by sulawesigirl4:
I was on Wire before running across Interference. This community is about a billion times better.
biggrin.gif
tongue.gif

I couldn't have said it better myself.

Originally posted by sulawesigirl4:
biggrin.gif
tongue.gif

Yep yep, ditto! I was so scared and frightened... till I found this paradise.

Originally posted by Lemon Meringue:

As far as J is concerned, I think he loves U2, but he hates POP. I think it is a simple as that.

That's it. He is a very good fan, and a very intelligent and articulate person. I found his posts interesting and informative.

------------------
I've seen his baby blue eyes in the freeze frame so many times I feel like I'm his very best friend~~~~

Wire was horrible. I was on it for two weeks before I found this place. Too much fighting and all around nastiness.

It's kind of funny, She Is Raging and I "met" in the U2 AOL chat, then discovered we were both members of Wire. Eventually I convinced her to join Interference, and the rest is history! lol
biggrin.gif

------------------
Like a strand in the wind
In the web that is my own I begin again

Originally posted by Desire4Bono:

That's it. He is a very good fan, and a very intelligent and articulate person. I found his posts interesting and informative.

he wrote well and he seemed well thought but he was hell bent on convincing us how terrible the band were at times, if i remember correctly.

I am friends with Moddie. He also gave me all my first lot of boots and most of my collection.
He has copped a lot of slack from Wirelings over the years but he ignores it and keeps on truckin. He still posts regularly.
He told me once that he gives away boots so often because he honestly just loves giving and making people happy. He's still around, and yeah he lives in Bakersfield, California.
I was addicted to Wire for a while, you have to learn to ignore the J's of that list or you'd go nuts.

Mod is one of the coolest U2 fans Ive ever known.
smile.gif

Originally posted by Desire4Bono:
Wire really was never the same after it went down last summer and came back as yahoogroups.

Actually it was never the same when the moderator, Joel Gartholemew (I could be wrong here), decided to go on vacation for a few weeks. When he came back, it was chaos. I think this was two years back, about the time that Interference forums started.

YAY for Interference!!!!!!!!!!!

As Mod would say
biggrin.gif

Back
Top Bottom