Remastering old cds?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
blueeyedgirl said:
And most of this argument comes from audiophiles anyway, you ask the average dilbert in the street and they'll have no idea what you're talking about, I would surmise.

I don't think so. I don't consider myself an audiophile but it's pretty evident to me how bad War sounds, sound quality wise.

I'm not an audiophile either. I've got a good system, but it's certainly not considered very high end.

You don't have to be an audiophile or have an awesome system to hear the difference in sound quality between the Best Of and the old albums. Nobody here wants to alter the songs themselves in any way, and we aren't talking about 5.1 surround sound either. We are simply suggesting that a new remastering job is needed so the songs sound closer to the way they should sound. The original CDs are definitely not the way they should sound - the original vinyl would come closest, and today's technology gives us the opportunity to remaster CDs so that they sound closer to vinyl than the originals did, giving us a more fuller and richer sound overall.

How come nobody has mentioned the gold mastered 1980's U2 CD's?

The first 4 U2 albums got upgraded sound in 2001(?) There available in 2 seperare budget-line 2 packs. There's was no announcement of the upgrade.

Anyone else feel cheesed off that they used the cd masterings for the music video DVD?

My Achtung vinyl sounds identical to my cd. Do any of the post-AB album vinyl better their cd counterparts?

I play my JT era 12" vinyl singles when I want to hear how good they recordings can sound.

u2fp

<<Pop Vinyl>>

I've only come across the remix singles. I've got 1997's OK Computer on double vinyl and it sounds mindblowing.

I've heard so-so reports on ATYCLB and never heard anybody chime in on HTDAAB - is it on LP? ZOOROPA?

u2fp

U2FanPeter said:
<<Pop Vinyl>>

I've only come across the remix singles. I've got 1997's OK Computer on double vinyl and it sounds mindblowing.

I've heard so-so reports on ATYCLB and never heard anybody chime in on HTDAAB - is it on LP? ZOOROPA?

u2fp

This Pop limited ed is the full album and it's a UK release - I don't know if it was released anywhere else. Zooropa was also avaliable on vinyl some years ago . I haven't seen it but understand HTDAAB has been released on a limited edition in vinyl format.

Who here has heard ZOOROPA, HTDAAB, ATYCLB on vinyl?

I thought AB sounded like a cd mastering put on vinyl and some reports on ATYCLB say it only has non-audiophile collectable value.

u2fp

Back
Top Bottom