Remaking Pop

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Zootlesque said:

Why should an album always have memorable choruses??? It is not necessary. All rock music does not have to have the same structure.
it's not necessary when you're a virtuoso on your instrument
Frank Zappa in his prime could go on for 20 minutes without a chorus in sight as far as I care and get away with it
but we're talking about U2 - a band who even on an album like Zooropa would produce something in a chorus that would take you along through the rest of the song
and it's not like Pop doesn't have chorusses, it does, but half of them are just not very good

Zootlesque said:
Yeah, an extra year to "finish" POP into an overproduced HTDAAB??? No thank you.
as I pointed out I would have wanted about 4 new/different songs on there
I don't understand ohw you could equate that to them going to overproduce the album

waynetravis said:

The Playboy Mansion IS a good song :drool:
I have been called a blind sheep over here often enough, but not even I would say it's more than mediocre

Salome said:
and it's not like Pop doesn't have chorusses, it does, but half of them are just not very good

Okay I think we're down to personal preference here. I like all of the songs on Pop and you don't seem to share the same opinion, which is fine.

Salome said:
as I pointed out I would have wanted about 4 new/different songs on there
I don't understand ohw you could equate that to them going to overproduce the album

well.. okay, not necessarily overproduce the album. But I was one of those that thought HTDAAB was too labored and over analyzed before release. At least that's how the album comes off to me, like they tried to make every little thing perfect and it ended up sounding too calculated. POP is the total opposite where even the band thinks it's unfinished. I like the album nevertheless. So again I think it's down to personal preference.

jinn77 said:
I would take the production money, tell them my production genius requires solitude, turn up the volume of the original recordings and blow my fee on high class hookers. They would be none the wiser.
I guess I'm saying I love Pop as it is, even with the low volume it was recorded at.

:huh: errwha? I don't think Pop was recorded at that low of a volume...and of course there's a difference between the volume at which it was recorded and the volume at which is was mastered... if you compare it to pretty much any U2 album before it (certainly the 80's albums), I'll bet it's louder. I don't think it's too quiet... records are mastered too loudly these days. It's not a good trend; it causes distortion. Just listen to HTDAAB.

Chizip said:
Why don't we paint a smile on the Mona Lisa while we're at it??

How about we add a couple inches to David's wang?

You don't mess with a masterpiece :mad:

:lmao: you win

yeah things were improved with live versions of the songs, but I love Pop too much to change it. too many memories. i live in these songs.

MrBrau1 said:
1st, dump the BoomChas from Discotheque. Worst moment in the U2 cannon.

2nd, redo Miami. Edge needed to finish the guitar chords. The looped sound kills it.

3rd, Please . Single version will do.

4th, LNOE needs the extedned live guitar solo.

5th, find a place for North & South Of The River.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

The BOOM-CHAs are the bomb!!!!

Back
Top Bottom