Rejoice, best song off October...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aardvark747

Blue Crack Addict
I have been listening to the album solidly for the last couple of days, for the first time in ages.
Ive never really thought about what song I like the best on it before, but the dumming and guitar on Rejoice are both fantastic. I LOVE THIS SONG RIGHT NOW!!!

Whats everyone elses view?

No sorry, it's agreat song but no way the best of October.

If i was to rank the songs off october from best to last it's go like this

1. gloria
2. is that all
3. i threw a brick through a window
4. fire
5. i fall down
6. stranger in a strange land
7. with a shout
8. october
9. tomorrow
10. REJOICE
11. scarlet

It is definately one of my favourite U2 songs, definately the equal best off of october (equal to gloria). I especially love the outtro with the awsome Edge guitar and Bono's vocals, 'I don't know what to change......rejoice.' etc. It's an air thumping rocker IMO :wink:

i've been on a huge october kick lately myself, and rejoice is one of the songs that i'm loving. it's got such great energy. i can't pick a favourite because i love all the songs on october.

1. Tomorrow - Their best "early" song
2. Rejoice
3. I Fall Down
4. Gloria
5. Scarlet - I think it's a cool song (!)
6. October
7. Is That All?
8. Stranger In A Strange Land
9. With A Shout
10. Fire
11. I Threw A Brick Through

Rejoice is pretty much among the best ones, but Tomorrow is just more powerful.

I agree. Tomorrow is the best song from October, and Rejoice is second. Great songs. Great album.

Interesting Fire is rated quite low by some posters.. think this is an amazing song and in terms of U2's first 3 albums (I do think UF was the beginning of a new more mature U2), I think Fire is up there near the top of every U2 song in this period

caragriff said:
rejoice is a treasure on that album.
the guitar kickstart is primal and there is so much passion in the vocal that is mindblowing, even for bono.
great live song, too.

my feelings also. rejoice should have been a single instead of fire.

Rejoice is EASILY the best song on that album. It's the one song you can get today's youth to enjoy (don't tell em it's U2).

Aardvark747, www.u2rome.com (sign up, it's really quick) has a great concert from New York on St. Patrick's Day 1982 with a great performance of Rejoice! Give it a listen!

I LOVE Rejoice! Fantastic song! Great album, October, as well! Definitely one of my favourites!

I still have an affinity for "October" the actual song. Quite possibly the most brilliant moment on any of their earliest albums pre-U-Fire.

Its so unexpected from such a young band during a time when the music trend was so opposite of it. But then again, U2 is always opposite the trends.

Party Boy said:
Interesting Fire is rated quite low by some posters.. think this is an amazing song and in terms of U2's first 3 albums (I do think UF was the beginning of a new more mature U2), I think Fire is up there near the top of every U2 song in this period

Yeh it's an under rated u2 masterpiece. Thats why i rated it pretty highly at 4, used to be my second favourite but ive grown to appreciate the song about brick throwing and is that all?.

Love bono's vocals, adam excels as well i reckon.

It would never be the best song off october for me cause gloria is not only my favourite u2 song of all time, but the greatest song of all time IMO.

Back
Top Bottom