Rejoice appreciation thread.....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
October is wonderful! :heart: Rejoice is definitely one of the best songs on that album! :up:

dsmith2904 said:
An incredible song from a really incredible album.

I can't change the world but I can change the world in me if I rejoice!!!!
Everything's crazy but I am too lazy to lie. :up:

Gorgeous riff, one of the great U2 lines (I can't change the world...), and when they really rock out at the end I've had chills and even cried. One of my favourites on October, though never my number one from that album.

Wow!!! I am so happy to see that so many people have replied to this thread, I have been listening to Rejoice constantly on my tape player in my car and just cant get enough of it- the song is all Larry on drums and Edge plays one damn fine guitar riff in it and the lyrics are just great, the one about changing the world is superb, how is it that I have missed this song for so long???????? and you know what I have come to the realisation that October is a real rocking album and only last weekend at a friends house I was listening to her copy of Boy on vinyl and I now realise how great the old stuff is and that it should be listened to constantly so that one does not forget this:)

All you Rejoice (and October) fans, I URGE you to get your hands on the Werchter(spl) Concert - Belgium 82. It has great versions of
Gloria
I Threw a Brick
Rejoice
I Fall Down
Fire

You think it rocks on the album... you aint heard nothing (yet).

Apologies to those who've already heard this concert, but I'm sure you know where I'm coming from. :)

Tip Top Prince said:
All you Rejoice (and October) fans, I URGE you to get your hands on the Werchter(spl) Concert - Belgium 82. It has great versions of
Gloria
I Threw a Brick
Rejoice
I Fall Down
Fire

Apologies to those who've already heard this concert, but I'm sure you know where I'm coming from. :)
I think I have that concert on tape. When it is the gig I'm thinking on right now then it is great! :love:

Tip Top Prince said:
Gloria
I Threw a Brick
Rejoice
I Fall Down
Fire

good recomendation Tip Top Prince- I got rejoice last night from new media and it is a very nice version, Larry sounds great on the drums and I will get the rest of the show tonight, I must say that I was impressed with the sound quality, hey if you are an avid boot collector maybe you could recommend a good show to get from the War and Fire tours:)

OzAurora said:

good recomendation Tip Top Prince- I got rejoice last night from new media and it is a very nice version, Larry sounds great on the drums and I will get the rest of the show tonight, I must say that I was impressed with the sound quality,
I actually have this concert on video also. That's why I d/l the mp3s. The mp3 concert I found has an extra "Gloria" which the video didn't have. Judging from the interference in the first half, I'd say there was some sort of technical problem, which would be why they didn't air Gloria on the video. The rest of the gig is awesome though.

hey if you are an avid boot collector maybe you could recommend a good show to get from the War and Fire tours:)
War - Rockpalast kicks ass. And of course, Red Rocks, especially if you can get Electric Co.

Fire - funny you ask, because I don't really have a good boot from this tour, and I was looking recently, but came up empty. FLOM doesn't have many to recommend either. :(

P.S - Charlie the wonderdog and shitscared - LMAO! (pissweak kids)

I have all three volumes of The Late Show, but they're in Aussie format and I'm in the US now. :( - I need to convert them.....great memories!

"awww, Miiiick" :D

Thanks for the War recommendation TTP, funny you should say that about Fire, as there dosnt seem to be many great boots from that tour, maybe the ambient kind of nature of that era didnt really transgress well into the live arena.....anyway, so are you an Aussie then???? what are you doing in America???? and if you love the Late show then you are immediately a dear friend of mine:)

one of my favourite U2 songs

still feel it could have fit in nicely during the Elevation Tour

I'd love to hear U2 do a song from "October" live and see the instant division in the crowd between the casual and more serious fans. How long has it been since they've played any of those songs live?

dsmith2904 said:
I'd love to hear U2 do a song from "October" live and see the instant division in the crowd between the casual and more serious fans. How long has it been since they've played any of those songs live?

Someone else correct me if I'm wrong, but I know they did Gloria early in the Joshua Tree tour, and since then I don't think they've played anything off October, maybe not even once. If I could go back in time and see U2, I would pick either the Unforgettable Fire tour, which I have heard was truly magical, or else early in the JT tour, because at that point, besides the great new songs, they were also still doing Gloria and The Unforgettable Fire.

But considering they did songs off every other album on the Elevation tour, and they even pulled out more obscure things occasionally like Party Girl, 11 O'Clock and even Spanish Eyes, for crying out loud, I can only conclude that they really don't want October to be remembered at all. This is one of a few things I distinctly dislike about U2.

scatteroflight said:

I can only conclude that they really don't want October to be remembered at all. This is one of a few things I distinctly dislike about U2.

This does seem very true and I wonder why????? what is it about October that they dont dig because this album is amazing and really does have some excellent songs on it, poor old October, if I ever manage to meet the guys I will be sure to ask thema bout this, but hey could you imagine how cool it would be to be at a show and hear the opening to say Tomorow or Gloria???? now that would be very nice:)

And even on the greatest hits, they didn't include Gloria, which to me was really insulting to the song and the album, and though they included October they put it on as a hidden track--and since there was nothing "officially" included from October on the track listing, it really seemed like they were ashamed of the album. :( And they included FOUR songs off Rattle and Hum--please! Whose bright idea was that?

Sorry, somewhat off-topic rant...:yell:

scatteroflight said:
And even on the greatest hits, they didn't include Gloria, which to me was really insulting to the song and the album, and though they included October they put it on as a hidden track--and since there was nothing "officially" included from October on the track listing, it really seemed like they were ashamed of the album. :( And they included FOUR songs off Rattle and Hum--please! Whose bright idea was that?

Sorry, somewhat off-topic rant...:yell:

:yes: I totally agree with you. Poor October always seems to get pushed under the rug!

scatteroflight said:
And even on the greatest hits, they didn't include Gloria, which to me was really insulting to the song and the album, and though they included October they put it on as a hidden track--and since there was nothing "officially" included from October on the track listing, it really seemed like they were ashamed of the album. :(

Someone did once post on Interference that Bono had said that he felt the song Gloria was "dated" and that's why the band left it off Best Of.

I dunno if that's true but my feeling is that the October album is (at least somewhat) thematically religious and I've guessed for some time that Bono feels like that was a long time ago and maybe the band was young and naive when they recorded October and yes, maybe the band members are a little embarrassed about the October album at this point in their lives. Just a theory and I'm probably way off. *shrug*

I dont own the Best off and I must say taht I am completely in shock to discover that there is no Gloria on it- that is so f#%ed up!!!!- why???? Gloria is such a great song and here in Australia it is very well known, I am still in shock, what is it about this album- I think some of your theories are correct but hey in my opinion if there is an album to be a little embarrassed about than that should definetly be Rattle:)

Back
Top Bottom