Regarding 'Until The End of The World' Video From Best Of

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Miggy D

War Child
I just watched the live video of 'Until The End of the World' from the Best Of 1990s DVD, and I remembered how much I prefer this version to the Zoo TV one. I like the sound, the editing, and the energy better. It feels more raw, perhaps because this wasn't 2 years into the tour (like Sydney).

Does a full video of this concert exist? I know at the beginning of the video they make reference to the Wim Wenders movie...so is this just footage shot for that film 'Until The End of the World'? I really wish there were a full video of this concert. I've watched this video 3 times back to back. Such a great performance.

"IS THIS ROCK AND ROLL!?"

Damn, U2 were just oozing cool back then.

-Miggy

Last edited:
I have some seperate songs in video format from the concert. The songs are split up with zootv "interference" and they don't line up with eachother :(

Half of it unfortunatly also has forign voiceovers which obscures a really great version of desire for instance BP - what is your vision??? what is your vision??? Bono - TELEVISION!!!

The date i've got is 28-11-92 although i don't know where else to find it. If anyone has the whole movie i'd be ery interested

I can post a YSI link if you like for a zipped up file of what i have

I don't know the exact date of the concert itself, but it was aired on Fox on Thanksgiving weekend, 1992. I still have the original videotape. :) It was called Zoo TV, the Last American Broadcast. In fact, I'm not even sure the concert footage that aired was all from the same night. There is a montage of scenes during Tryin' to Throw Your Arms Around the World, so that one is definitely clips from several shows. But I don't know if the other songs all came from the same show or not.

steak said:
The date i've got is 28-11-92 although i don't know where else to find it. If anyone has the whole movie i'd be ery interested

That date is totally wrong, as the final 1992 leg of ZooTV ended on 1992-11-25 in Mexico City.

I know there's full video of 1992-08-16, Washington DC, and then there is a special, I think it's called ZooTV Featuring U2, containing footage of some other live tracks, but I forget what show it's sourced from. I have the footage but I haven't watched it in ages. I'm sure someone like Blue Room knows what I'm talking about.

ok guys......

its not all from the same show, its from afew different shows.....

its from the special that was aired back in 92, and theres 2 versions (the US first broadcast, which is less complete and the Europe broadcast with a lot of "interference" and other shit in between the songs and i think one or 2 more songs. the other difference is the US source is better quality)

in all its an interesting thing 2 watch, some completely random things on there but in all its good.

tracklisting:

Zoo station
The Fly
Even better then the real thing
Mysterious ways
Until the end of the world
Tryin to throw your arms around the world
When love comes to town
satalite of love
Bullet in the blue sky
running to stand still
where the streets have no name (cuts out to interference, the editors must not have thought streets was a good enough song :eyebrow: )
half of wild horses (not actually U2, its a cover band miming)
Desire
final ever telephone call to bush

if anybody wants to get the europe source, its on a dvd called "English TV features volume 4"

its really worth getting :D, hope that helped

Axver said:

That date is totally wrong, as the final 1992 leg of ZooTV ended on 1992-11-25 in Mexico City.

I know there's full video of 1992-08-16, Washington DC, and then there is a special, I think it's called ZooTV Featuring U2, containing footage of some other live tracks, but I forget what show it's sourced from. I have the footage but I haven't watched it in ages. I'm sure someone like Blue Room knows what I'm talking about.

I think the 11-28-92 date is the date the show aired on TV.

quadcaster said:

yep thats right.......

I couldn't remember the exact date for sure...all I know is that when I taped it, I left the commercials in, and it's pretty damn funny to go back now and watch commercials for movies and TV shows that were out in the fall of 1992. :D

i was right... found this on u2tour.de... i don't speak german but eh... you get the idea...

U2: "Until The End Of The World (Live From Zoo TV)"
Director: Kevin Godley
Producer: Rocky Oldham. Editor: Jerry Chater
Date: 1992
Song-Info: Until The End Of The World
Info: Nie als Single veröffentlicht, entstand dieses Video im Rahmen eines von Kevin Godley gedrehten Fernseh-Specials in Houston, Texas und im Yankee-Stadion, New York auf dem 1992er Outside Broadcast Teil der ZOO TV Tour.
(Quelle: 'The Best Of 1990-2000' DVD Booklet, Text von Martin Wroe)
Release: The Best Of 1990-2000

quadcaster said:
ok guys......

its not all from the same show, its from afew different shows.....

its from the special that was aired back in 92, and theres 2 versions (the US first broadcast, which is less complete and the Europe broadcast with a lot of "interference" and other shit in between the songs and i think one or 2 more songs. the other difference is the US source is better quality)

if anybody wants to get the europe source, its on a dvd called "English TV features volume 4"

its really worth getting :D, hope that helped

Where can we get the American version? Anyone have it and willing to put it on YSI?

-Miggy

man its 2 big for YSI, its dvd for poo sake lol

my advice is join the hub and get it, i duno who there has the american version (afew people do i think) but afew pplz have the english version

it is definetly taken from afew different shows, but its offten accredidted to the anahiem show, the houston show and the yankee stadium show........ i know it definetly has some yankee show and some anaheim....... but yeah its got stuff from afew different shows, end of the world is definetly from yankee stadium........

quadcaster said:
man its 2 big for YSI, its dvd for poo sake lol

my advice is join the hub and get it, i duno who there has the american version (afew people do i think) but afew pplz have the english version

it is definetly taken from afew different shows, but its offten accredidted to the anahiem show, the houston show and the yankee stadium show........ i know it definetly has some yankee show and some anaheim....... but yeah its got stuff from afew different shows, end of the world is definetly from yankee stadium........

What is 'the hub' and where may I join?

-Miggy

the U2bloodredsky hub!

its through a program called DC++ (bit like kazaa and that, except u join groups and download off them).....

The majority of "Tryin to Throw Your Arms..." (minus the brief montage in the middle) was from the Dallas show. I've often wondered which (if any) of the other performances were also from that show. They did the whole interview/"I have a vision" bit in Dallas as well during Desire. The thing is, we didn't hear any audio from the interviewer through the PA, so for some time we were perplexed as to what the hell was going on during that song. Who was the random guy coming out on stage for a few seconds and sticking a mic in Bono's face? It wasn't until we saw the Fox special a month or so later that it all made sense. However, I've never been able to fully determine whether or not that clip is specifically from Dallas or not.

i know that theres footage from the NY yankee show trying to throw your arms around the world, that girl they interview after the song in the red baree was the girl from the NY show, i know this cause the wild horses video had its live sections from that show, and u can see her briefly on that........

??? Not sure what girl you're referring to.

I'm talking about the Fox/Phillips-DCC special that aired around Thanksgiving '92. During "Tryin to Throw..." he brings a petite girl on stage with a white shirt, long black hair, and vaguely Asian-ish features. Much to our amusement at the show, she seemed to keep pointing the Handicam at Bono's crotch (however, you don't really see this on the special.) We were right near the catwalk for that show and the whole thing took place right in front of us.

In the special, after the song, the interviewer asks her "what were you focusing on up there?" to which she repies "his d**k!" Hehe.

Anyway, I'm not just "pretty sure" about this. That performance is 100%, unquestionably, without-a-doubt from Dallas. In fact my friends and I were calling each other the night the special aired, after that song, thrilled that our show was included.

I know that some months later Mtv aired an alternate version of the same special. The big differences being the inclusion of Mysterious Ways, a lengthier version of Streets (although it's still only part of the song), the talk-show/U2-impersonator footage, Adam's stalker wearing nightvision goggles (???), more cutaways to the pseudo interviewer/tv-crew, and some satirical ZooTV "commercials".

I've got both versions on tape around here somewhere. It could be that on the Mtv version, they speak to a different girl after "Tryin to Throw...". But if memory serves, it's the exact same performance of "Tryin to Throw" as in the Fox special.

Little known trivia: There is footage at the end of the Fox special of Bono as the mirrorball man walking around and driving (in a mirrorball Trabant) in Times Square with a megaphone, street-preaching and throwing around Zoo dollars. He is accompanied by a Bono imposter in black-leather Fly gear and goggles. The imposter is actually Wynona Ryder.

(Sigh) Ok, I'm forced to refer to the Willie Williams ZooTV tour diaries. You can find this in your old Propaganda issues, or in the "U2-Best of Propaganda" book currently at a bookstore near you. ;-)

17 October 92

DALLAS. Big TV shoot at Texas Stadium. Went great, the band played a blinder. I was here all night getting all the additional gear ready.

There's a bit more, but that's the important stuff. There is no mention in the diary of a Houston shoot, or even an entry for Houston.

Jeez, what else do I have to do?

no ur right, it would be the dallas show......

but yer the girl im talkin about from the NY show is on the european broadcast one, with all the extra stuff (that u were talking about)...... they interview her on that and the reporter dude is like "when did you know that you were comeing up on stage?" and she says "as soon as i saw him with the bottle of champaign i knew, omg i cant talk right now!"

mmmmm yer........... lol

see i dont have the fox version, i have the longer version from the mtv europe broadcast...... the fox broadcast is better quality though

I think this Until The End was recorded at Yankee Stadium and aired on a Fox Special on November 1992.

But this special also contains songs from Toronto (Bullet, according to a fan of this forum) and Houston?

Vox

Last edited:
Vox02 said:
I think this Until The End was recorded at Yankee Stadium and aired on a Fox Special on November 1992.

But this special also contains songs from Toronto (Bullet, according to a fan of this forum) and Houston?

Vox

did u read any of the thread so far? its been established where uteotw was filmed......

neway where did u hear about this toronto thing?

Last edited:
Ooooh. I see now what is causing the confusion. I just read the "liner notes" of the Best-Of DVD. It says in regards to the "Until the End..." footage that the special was shot in both Houston and New York.
Now I know I'm going to ruffle some feathers here, but I am 100% certain this is a mistake. That shoot took place in Dallas.
Willie Williams has confirmed this. Me and TWO of my best friends who were near the catwalk with me at the show can 100% confirm that "Tryin to Throw..." is from the Dallas show. The interview/"I have a vision" bit was performed on stage in Dallas.
Basically what I'm saying is that ALL signs point to Dallas, yet no signs point to Houston. Other than the liner notes text, is there ANY proof whatsoever that a shoot took place in Houston?
Not that I have been able to find.
I think this is just a slight on Dreamchaser's part who put together the DVD. I am 100% convinced beyond a shadow of a doubt that the footage in that special comes from a combination of New York and Dallas shot footage.
The only exception being Bullet the Blue Sky which was obviously shot on a video format of some kind (the rest of the special seems to be shot on film). That Bullet footage originally aired on an Mtv Rock-the-Vote special which was shown quite some time before the Fox special aired (several weeks if I'm not mistaken). Perhaps this is where Toronto comes into play. I do know though, that Bullet is a seperate shoot from everything else in the special. But I'm totally convinced that everything else is NY and Dallas.
Perhaps we should shoot Willie Williams an email and see if we can get a reply on this?

MBear said:
Ooooh. I see now what is causing the confusion. I just read the "liner notes" of the Best-Of DVD. It says in regards to the "Until the End..." footage that the special was shot in both Houston and New York.
Now I know I'm going to ruffle some feathers here, but I am 100% certain this is a mistake. That shoot took place in Dallas.
Willie Williams has confirmed this. Me and TWO of my best friends who were near the catwalk with me at the show can 100% confirm that "Tryin to Throw..." is from the Dallas show. The interview/"I have a vision" bit was performed on stage in Dallas.
Basically what I'm saying is that ALL signs point to Dallas, yet no signs point to Houston. Other than the liner notes text, is there ANY proof whatsoever that a shoot took place in Houston?
Not that I have been able to find.
I think this is just a slight on Dreamchaser's part who put together the DVD. I am 100% convinced beyond a shadow of a doubt that the footage in that special comes from a combination of New York and Dallas shot footage.
The only exception being Bullet the Blue Sky which was obviously shot on a video format of some kind (the rest of the special seems to be shot on film). That Bullet footage originally aired on an Mtv Rock-the-Vote special which was shown quite some time before the Fox special aired (several weeks if I'm not mistaken). Perhaps this is where Toronto comes into play. I do know though, that Bullet is a seperate shoot from everything else in the special. But I'm totally convinced that everything else is NY and Dallas.
Perhaps we should shoot Willie Williams an email and see if we can get a reply on this?

buddy they taped every zoo tv show! they used heaps of different shows, houston, dallas, yankee stadium, anahiem.............

steak said:
Half of it unfortunatly also has forign voiceovers which obscures a really great version of desire for instance BP - what is your vision??? what is your vision??? Bono - TELEVISION!!!

I'm looking for this performance of Desire for few years... Someone have it in separate file?

Back
Top Bottom