Refrigerators and you......2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:hmm: The contrast between a drum machine set at 134 BPMs and a dripping faucet is fascinating. Eno may want a piece of this.

LemonMelon said:
:hmm: The contrast between a drum machine set at 134 BPMs and a dripping faucet is fascinating. Eno may want a piece of this.

Ah, but is it dripping hot or cold? Is it dripping into a plastic or steel basin? What is the evaporation rate? And how big is the washer?

gluey said:

Ah, but is it dripping hot or cold? Is it dripping into a plastic or steel basin? What is the evaporation rate? And how big is the washer?

I set the mic compression rather low. This will change once radio stations get hold of it. :madspit:

The water temperature was roughly 55.2 celsius, with a cast-iron basin.

LemonMelon said:

I set the mic compression rather low. This will change once radio stations get hold of it. :madspit:

The water temperature was roughly 55.2 celsius, with a cast-iron basin.

What are the accoustics of the room it is in? Are we talking a big cavernous room, or a small toilet? And is the floor bare or capeted? I personally thing tweaking the temperature to 55.3 would make a far more desireable sound on cast iron. If we're using plastic, the temp would be better at 22.7 celcius. :yes: :nerd:

gluey said:

What are the accoustics of the room it is in? Are we talking a big cavernous room, or a small toilet? And is the floor bare or capeted? I personally thing tweaking the temperature to 55.3 would make a far more desireable sound on cast iron. If we're using plastic, the temp would be better at 22.7 celcius. :yes: :nerd:

This is a kitchen, so smaller than a large room, larger than a toilet. The floor is marblesque, I would say, with the ceiling made out of some variety of plaster.

If you want to go plastic with this, it would certainly provide a hollower sound, less percussive in nature, but more resonant.

Is the plaster in good condition?? If we get too much bass going then it would surely ruin the sound if chunks of plaster started falling down....

It's only a 14 year-old house. It should be in good enough condition to withstand the bass.

Actually....you know what would be great. One of those fridges that does it's OWN dripping :yes: You know the sort that wakes you in the dead of night with a 'drip....drip....drip'.....:up:

That would definitely push the envelope...:hmm: But should we buy a second fridge to do that or just damage the one we already have?

LemonMelon said:
It's only a 14 year-old house. It should be in good enough condition to withstand the bass.

I find the threshold decreases at an alarming rate from about 12.4 yrs. From there, once you increase demands by forcing loud bass throughout the structure, hairline (not Bono's :wink: ) cracks can form, thus weakening the whole system. Continuous bass over a long period of time will make these cracks rapidly grow, until the plaster can no longer adhese (sp?) to the ceiling and therefore has no option but to let go, falling onto a certain FOAD drummers head, getting stuck in his gel and ruining all hope of the rhythm section 'sticking' together.

You need to find a 10yr old house. :yes:

LemonMelon said:
That would definitely push the envelope...:hmm: But should we buy a second fridge to do that or just damage the one we already have?

Get a second one. More fridge = more powerjuice :up:

You've got to wonder, if we painted racing stripes on the fridge, would it play So Cruel faster? :hmm:

It might do! Or if we joined both the fridges together with a tightrope, would they play Acrobat?

gluey said:
It might do! Or if we joined both the fridges together with a tightrope, would they play Acrobat?

If we were to hardwire 6 refrigerators together, they would play the Theme From Star Wars...backwards. Not sure what connecting just two together would do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom