rediscovering U2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Diogenes

The Fly
I used to be an active member of this board, but I was discouraged and left the board for a while, I'm back now, and I have just rediscovered U2. I'm loving the sounds, and the love, and everything!!!

U2 is such summer music. I was off into PinkFloyd during the winter. Now I've returned to summer music with U2/RUSH/YES.

Hope to have some good discussions with all of you.

PEACE

Diogenes said:
I used to be an active member of this board, but I was discouraged and left the board for a while, I'm back now, and I have just rediscovered U2. I'm loving the sounds, and the love, and everything!!!

U2 is such summer music. I was off into PinkFloyd during the winter. Now I've returned to summer music with U2/RUSH/YES.

Hope to have some good discussions with all of you.

PEACE

Cool to find a fellow Rush fan in this board. Rush's lyrics are right up there with U2's - and no doubt they are better than any of Dylan's or Lennon/McCartneys. Permanent Waves is pure genius. Entre Nous is just as good as All I Want Is You in the love song category.

Cheers,

J
The King Of POP

I think it's good to go away for a while and listen to other bands, and other types of music. Then when you're ready put on the CDs and rediscover the power and beauty of U2. They are like no other band in the world. And yes it does feel good.

Reggie Thee Dog said:
I think it's good to go away for a while and listen to other bands, and other types of music. Then when you're ready put on the CDs and rediscover the power and beauty of U2. They are like no other band in the world. And yes it does feel good.

:up:

That's what the 3 year breaks are for damn it.

Red Ships of Scalla-Festa said:
you like pot.

Maybe.:yes:

Cool to find a fellow Rush fan in this board. Rush's lyrics are right up there with U2's - and no doubt they are better than any of Dylan's or Lennon/McCartneys.

Yeah, RUSH rocks. But I don't know about their lyrics being better than Dylan, or Lennon/McCartney. Not to take anything away from them, for me, RUSH is all about the instruments. They are at the top of their class in technique.

I think it's good to go away for a while and listen to other bands, and other types of music.

U2 for me is more summer. The attitude that the music puts me in is good for a summer atmosphere. Goods stuff.

I try to stay as balanced as possible, and one thing I've noticed about myself is that although I have more U2 CDs than all my others combined (hundreds of each), I listen to U2 about 1/4 of the time I'm listening to music, and lately, not at all.

BUT, they are still my favorite band and I will love them forever :D

i listen to U2 far too much!
with so many bootlegs i cant help it!
sometimes i go off them...and barley listen to them for 2 weeks...then come back and they inspire me again

david said:
Rush are like the Radiohead of the 80's.

Rush writes good lyrics. Thom Yorke just moans and groans with the ocassional sentence in between. They are very different. You are comparing great progressive rock musicians with unacessible meaningless shallow garbage.

Cheers,

J
The King Of POP

Back
Top Bottom