Rediscovering a U2 song

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
There are 2...

I Still Havent Found... I've discovered that JT is the perfect cd to listen to driving home from my best friend's house out in the country. The first time I listened to it I fell for that song all over and it seemed so perfect with the road and the surroundings.

Out of Control.

I rediscovered Miami. Before I thought it was just a bad egg. Now I realize it is worse. It has no artistic, cultural, social or musical redeeming value whatsoever.

I also rediscovered the Passengers project. I rediscovered that there are a couple of songs that actually have lyrics.

Cheers,

J
The King Of POP

Saracene said:
I've rediscovered "Unforgettable Fire", both the song and the album. It was always at the bottom of the heap for me as far as U2 albums went; I didn't like anything on it except "Pride" and "Bad". Now I love it from start to finish, even the songs that I previously thought wanky and meandering.

UF has always been at the bottom of the heap for me mainly because the cd came with no lyric sheet and there's no numbers on the back to match the songs which I can never remembers the names of! But it is a really great album to listen to while I'm studying or reading, for that reason, because I can treat as nice background noise, rather than what an album like AB or Pop does to me ... completely distracting! So I am slowly rediscovering UF :yes:

For some reason, last year, for the first time since I bought it, the October album just hit me. It's a really good album (much better than I gave it credit for) with some passionate songs on there.

RickFly said:
for me latley it has been the boy album. songs such as a daywithout me and out of control.

This has just happened to me, which is why this thread has returned to page 1!!!

I especially LOVE "Into The Heart", which is very pretty and way too short. Of course, "Out of Control" is also wonderful.

I listened to "With Or Without You" last night...and hearing the opening music just did something for me at that moment...I really started appreciating the guitar in the beginning of that song against Bono's voice and all that, as well as the bass and drums...basically, the music was just really working for me last night. Put me in a good kind of mood. :up:.

Angela

I'm really liking Dirty Day lately, with the help of listening to a remix. I think it was called the 'bitter kiss' remix; it sounds pretty similar to the 'junk day' remix. But yeah, I'm in a big Zoo TV era mood lately, so Dirty Day has been getting alot of play lately. The vocals, the lyrics, the music -- it's all good. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom