Red Rocks VHS - Electric Co Bonus!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

WalkOnTheEdge

The Fly
This is probably very old news to most of you, but there must be some out there that might be interested in this.....

I FINALLY got around to picking up the Under A Blood Red Sky VHS of the Red Rocks concert. First off, wow...it's phenomenal. It's the only officially released concert I didn't have. Second, much to my unbelievable surprise, ELECTRIC CO is on it after Sunday Bloody Sunday!! Hot damn! My favorite old school tune is not listed on the box, yet it's on there!! What's up with this?? The front of the box says, "12 Songs Included", and it even lists the 12. However, there are 13 songs with Electric Co. Never seen anything like this. Pretty awesome.

FYI......If for some reason you don't have this concert yet, BUY IT!! It's so damn good.

There are 2 version of this on VHS. I believe the original had the 12 songs, then was later replaced with the longer 13 (or 14 counting Cry) song version, but they never changed the cover to reflect the changes.

Halup said:
There are 2 version of this on VHS. I believe the original had the 12 songs, then was later replaced with the longer 13 (or 14 counting Cry) song version, but they never changed the cover to reflect the changes.

That would make sense. I noticed on my VHS at the beginning of Bloody Sunday, they edited out "There's been a lot of talk about this next song, maybe a little too much talk." This used to be part of what we saw on MTV back in '84,'85.

Red Roocks concert is amazing:drool: ...Totally love Bono climbing the roof:drool:
Yea the first time I saw the VHS I was so surprised to find Electric Co. I jumped up and grabbed the box to see if my eyes were playing tricks on me... it was a great surprise

Halup said:

How come I didn't know this? :hmm: I never heard they released a second version with 'Electric Co.' I'll have to pick up a new copy and see. WalkOnTheEdge, where'd you pick your copy up at?

hmzz, The Electric Co is listed on my box, it lists 13 tracks, don't recall when i bought it, but must have been in the 80's.

It's one of my greatest wishes that they put it on dvd though, for sure i'm not gonna put this tape in a videoplayer, my previous videoplayer ate part of the zoo tv vid, another one i need on dvd.

Underscore

Reggie Thee Dog said:

How come I didn't know this? :hmm: I never heard they released a second version with 'Electric Co.' I'll have to pick up a new copy and see. WalkOnTheEdge, where'd you pick your copy up at?

I grabbed it on Ebay last week. I just finished burning it to DVD and watched it again. Phenomenal show. Man, they really kicked ass at such a young age.

My question to myself is: What was I thinking - or not thinking - back in 1983/84/85.......why didn't I jump on board?!?! Dammit!! MTV always played Sunday Bloody Sunday from this show and I know I always watched it, but I never took the time to find out more about this band.....I was too wrapped up/obsessed with Van Halen. I really missed the boat.......could have been there from the beginning with these guys if I wasn't such a narrow-minded 15 year old. My whole world was Van Halen....everyone else sucked in my book.

WalkOnTheEdge said:

I grabbed it on Ebay last week. I just finished burning it to DVD and watched it again. Phenomenal show. Man, they really kicked ass at such a young age.

My question to myself is: What was I thinking - or not thinking - back in 1983/84/85.......why didn't I jump on board?!?! Dammit!! MTV always played Sunday Bloody Sunday from this show and I know I always watched it, but I never took the time to find out more about this band.....I was too wrapped up/obsessed with Van Halen. I really missed the boat.......could have been there from the beginning with these guys if I wasn't such a narrow-minded 15 year old. My whole world was Van Halen....everyone else sucked in my book.

Forgive me for going off-topic, but I can't resist...

Do you prefer DLR or Hagar?

Smilla said:
wasn't i t going to be released on DVD sometime this year?:shrug:

Yeah, unfortunately, rumors about its release on DVD, along with PopMart Mexico and ZooTV Sydney go around quite often. And I still always get excited when I hear one. :|

onebloodonelife said:

Yeah, unfortunately, rumors about its release on DVD, along with PopMart Mexico and ZooTV Sydney go around quite often. And I still always get excited when I hear one. :|

Same here. Keeping fingers crossed......:hyper:

namkcuR said:

Forgive me for going off-topic, but I can't resist...

Do you prefer DLR or Hagar?

Honestly, I love both era's. I really do. I've always seen them as two different bands because they sound so distinctively different. Besides, my obsession with VH for nearly my entire life has centered around the guitar wizardry of Eddie.

But sure, in 1985 when DLR left VH, I was truly devistated. It was the worst possible thing to happen to me as a 17 year old. Lol.... My world crumbled. But I will say, however, I liked 5150 from the first listen. Now that nearly 20 years has passed since it's release, I appreciate it even more. It's a fantastic album.

Back
Top Bottom