Red Rocks '40'

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

steak

The Fly
Is it only me that?s just noticed that at the end of the red rocks video when they play ?40? Adam and Edge swap instruments.

Did this happen often, or was it just traditional for this song?

Intresting?

Heh, I've seen this question before. In the studio, they didn't have long to record a closing song at the end of the recording sessions for War - Adam had already gone home, so Edge played bass on this closing song that became 40. Live, Edge would always play bass while Adam would make funny sounds on the electric. Adam, for some unknown reason that people like to speculate about, has never learnt the song.

Adam hadn't even learned his live pseudo guitar parts, it seems. In the Red Rocks video, he totally hits a wrong note in the outro, getting a dirty/questionable look from Bono. The album version's fine though.

Adam hadn't even learned his live pseudo guitar parts, it seems. In the Red Rocks video, he totally hits a wrong note in the outro, getting a dirty/questionable look from Bono. The album version's fine though.

When I listen to performances of it, it seems like Adam didn't even really have any live parts to play until about JT/Lovetown. In earlier years, sometimes it just sounds like he's making funny noises. And yes, he's never learned how to play it. Why bother? It's simply Edge's song to play.

You should have heard them play 40 at the Astoria in London in 2001 - it was an under-rehearsed shocker..and yes Adam was on lead guitar..

Back
Top Bottom