Red Light

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LMP

Blue Crack Supplier
as I was going through my U2 cd's and iTunes-ing them, I stumbled across Red Light for the first time and ages and was surprised to find I didn't dislike it as much as I had used to.

Sure it's the weakest song on War and probably one of their weakest songs ever but it's a fun song, atleast Bono's vocals are fun to listen to. All my opinion of course

I think this song would've done really well as a non-album single, it's poppy, catchy, easily-digestable for the mainstream crowd, and it doesn't create a dull spot on the album (it would be replaced with Treasure)

what are your feelings on the song and what do you think of my idea?

Last edited:
I never knew the song was supposed to suck until I came on here and everyone bashed it. It's really not that terrible of a song....I kind of like it. :shrug: Sure, the trumpet solo & the girls in the beginning don't really fit with the album. I think if you just got rid of the girls in the beginning of the song, people wouldn't have been as apt to criticize it.

Though it is kind of funny to know that at least one of those girls recorded part of the song topless...hehe..:lol:

I love the song, nowhere near weakest for me! Great chorus and guitar!

I said in that most underrated U2 song thread that sparked the current survivor that I feel it's EXTREMELY underrated.

It's a very dated song, I think, with the female backing vocals. But it's not as bad as people make it out to be. I actually like the trumpet solo. And I think it works well with Surrender. The two songs flow into each other and create a distinct mood.

Bono's vocals on Red Light are hilarious.

I think it should've been a b-side, though. It's criminal that Red Light made War but Treasure and A Celebration did not.

Red Light is underated, sure it is a load of shite, (okay maybe being way too hard on it), but there is something about it that makes it good, that do you call it, it's a pop song, it is bad but fun and the trumpet solo, it could have been much worse

I don't like the song much, but I consider it bearable. Before I really hated it, but now I've grown to respect it in whole. The trumpet solo is pretty nifty actually and Bono's vocals are interesting.

If 'Red Light' were made b-side, I think I would've respected it a bit more, but to find it on War kind of set me back. :shrug: to each their own I suppose.

Axver said:

I think it should've been a b-side, though. It's criminal that Red Light made War but Treasure and A Celebration did not.

Or Endless Deep :drool:

I love Red Light.

I think it's the trumpets. Any time an odd instrument is used in any song, I'm in love. :drool:

Back
Top Bottom