Red hill mining town Vid

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gman

New Yorker
Has this vid ever seen the light of day publicly in anyway? I saw some stills in the distant past, but thats about it.

I don't think it has. I've seen some stills of the band talking with the director Neil Jordan, the band are looking hot and sweaty so I assume the video could be set down a mine. Neil Jordan is one of my favourite directors and I'm sure the video must have been pretty good!

There are some claims that it was broadcast on TV in [insert country of claimant's choice], but I don't believe a word of them. One such claim was that TVNZ in New Zealand showed it. Yeah, right, and U2 performed Acrobat every night of the Vertigo Tour.

If you look very closely, you can see Derek Zoolander mining down there, too.

"I think I'm getting the Black Lung, Pop."

Gawd - I had that copy of Smash Hits many many many years ago....

You gotta wonder WHY this video of what is an outstanding song, has apparently been locked away and forgotten about. That pics posted by Devils Shoes were the self same ones I saw all em yrs ago.

All I know is that Edge said it will never see the light of day. Sounds like they pitched it down a mind shaft.

Dana

gman said:
You gotta wonder WHY this video of what is an outstanding song, has apparently been locked away and forgotten about. That pics posted by Devils Shoes were the self same ones I saw all em yrs ago.

Because they decided not to make it a single.

They werent playing it live for Joshua Tree.

They thought the video was embarrassing and not very good.

Of course this is the same band that DID release the "A Celebration" video. :yikes: :wink:

Blue Room said:

They thought the video was embarrassing...

There's the real answer.

The video was shot so it must exist somewhere - whether that's in U2's or Neil Jordan's sealed vault.

There's no way it was shown on any TV channel, but it does/did exist as a promo.

Judging by the photos it looks a bit naff - sorry guys, but you ain't no actors ;)

Blue Room said:

Because they decided not to make it a single.

They werent playing it live for Joshua Tree.

They thought the video was embarrassing and not very good.

Of course this is the same band that DID release the "A Celebration" video. :yikes: :wink:

:lol:

they decided not to make it a single because Bono wasn't able to hit the high notes during the rehearsals for JT... so they could not play it live.... they went with I still haven't found instead :)

Galeongirl said:

:lol:

they decided not to make it a single because Bono wasn't able to hit the high notes during the rehearsals for JT... so they could not play it live.... they went with I still haven't found instead :)

that makes sense to me. It's on of my alltime favourite songs of U2. And I think it's probably Bonos best voice moment ever - his voice in this recording is just amazing.

Back
Top Bottom