Reconciliation...Join me!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

melon

ONE love, blood, life
I think it is time we begin to heal on this board.

Our emotions run high, and for very good reason. Americans have not experienced a tragedy close to this magnitude since the Civil War. I can understand those in foreign countries who may not understand why we take this so heavily, especially those who live regularly under the terror of war, but please empathize with us why we grieve today.

Many of us are at different stages of grief. Most of us are beyond shock. Many here have reached anger. A few here have reached some sort of acceptance, unfortunately inciting those who are still quite angry--and angry for a very good reason.

I think it is time we put this aside on this forum. We are busy arguing and fighting amongst ourselves, when, regardless of your opinion here, our hearts are all in the right place. The reality is that there is nothing that can be accomplished by arguing here, and, in division, we let the terrorists win.

Sit back. Relax. If you're angry, you should probably try and sort out your feelings in the real world, not here in the virtual world. I, for one, get angrier posting on this forum. It's like a boiling pot with no way to vent--you will eventually explode.

This has been very traumatic. I think we all need to take a break for a little while--maybe a few hours, a few days, a few weeks...whatever is necessary for our own well-being. But life will go on, and the U.S. government will take steps to solve this, and there is nothing we can do about it anyway. Arrests and investigations are going on even as we speak.

Anyway, to critics and those in stages of acceptance, I encourage you to put your posts in "Free Your Mind," instead of here, out of respect for those still working this out, and cannot rationally accept criticism out of such grief. That is really where all these tragedy topics belong anyway. This is a U2 forum, isn't it?
smile.gif

Take care everyone...

Melon

------------------
How long must we sing this song?!

*Stands alongside Melon*

[This message has been edited by ACROB@T (edited 09-12-2001).]

Good point Melon, I agree yet I keep getting offended by certain comments so maybe i will just go away a bit. SOrry about you loss. My mom lost her lap dog las year after 12 years and it really hurt us all. She waited a while and got another one though.
PEACE

I sympathy with the civilian casualties..
Best thoughts for their families and God, if he exist, have their soul. They're ok now..

cheers

------------------
La resignacion es un suicido permanente

this sounds like a great plan melon, now just get people to stop provoking the americans on this board; it's great to read a thread about how this was not that big a deal and how we should realize that the rest of the world suffers more and we need to stop being greedy and insensitve fucks

Wanderer, please don't put words in my mouth.
I agree, however, that it was probably too soon to measure this tragedy against other ongoing tragedies of the world- it is still too fresh, too raw, in my mind as well- but I stand by all that I've said and will continue to do so.

Back
Top Bottom