Reasons Why We Love U2...#1...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2's music has and will always be there when i need them most!

examples:

My Grandfather who i was very close to passed away in Sep of 2000,I never cried in front of my family bc i thought i had to be brave for them and each nite befro I went to bed I listened to Bad or Running to Stand Still and I cried like no tommorrow!:sad:

Sep 11,2001- After that day i tried to listen to music but wasnt able to for a long time. First actual band and song i listen to was U2 Walk ON!!!!

Graduated High school in 2001, scared to death of what the world would bring to me after High School, U2's music was there!!

Thoses are just a few of the reasons why i love and will always love U2!!!!!

#4. The Elevation Tour. Creating a heart where fans were able to be intimately close the the band, holding the "stripped down" shows in arenas so everyone can feel the music. Absolutely loving the tour, the "best year of our lives" and letting the fans know we were a huge reason for that.

#6 I'm going to have to repeat here.....BAD. The song gives me chills every time I hear it. The first time I heard it live tears poured down my face and I felt like I was born again.

All I can say is that it completely and totally a RELIGIOUS experience for me.

It takes a whole hell of a lot to get me to cry or show any emotion for that matter but this band and that song get me every time.

#7...

The fact that, after all these years, they're still such great friends. I think their friendship is one of the main reasons I love them so much. Whenever I see them perform together, I can tell that they're having the time of their lives. This also translates into the 20+ great years of incredible music they've given us. None of this could have ever happened without that special bond.

*PS. Thank you for this, Chris! It's about time for some straight-up U2 lovin' around here!*

#8 The way they can still surprise us.
I was watching footage of them live just last night and thinking "ah yeah Ive seen this all before" and then out of the blue...it was like Adam jumped up and wacked me in the back of my head and said "dont be daft".
Bono started morphing into this god like creature whose voice brought shivers down my spine and i got MAJOR warm fuzzies.
No other band can ever do it to me.
Just when you think you've seen it all, they lay a punch so hard you want join in the head smacking for being so blase about being a U2 fan. A band you can never take for granted.

The way U2 has excited me every day for the past 15 years. They make me love life
and realize how lucky I am to be here. They make me look forward to the future.
I can be having the worst day and something U2 excites me, lifts me up, something I read about
them, a new magazine cover, a new song, looking forward to a new album or an upcoming tour. So exciting!!!
I think everyone needs music in their life. I am so glad I discovered U2 when I did!
For me it is only U2, rarely do I choose to listen to anything else (unless my husband
makes me!) I just tell him, there is not enough time in the day to listen to all the U2 I
want to hear. I love U2 too!!!
And agreed with Bad being the song that is most emontional for me, and drew me in to
U2 to begin with. So thanks for Bad too.....

Last edited:

WHAT YOU DON'T HAVE YOU DON'T NEED IT NOW
WHAT YOU DON'T KNOW YOU CAN FEEL SOMEHOW

I FEEL NUMB

I'M WIDE AWAKE
I'M NOT SLEEPING

Whenever something lousy happens to me (which really isn't that often, but I'm 23 and I think the world revolves around me), U2 brings me back down to earth from my cloud of self-pity. Whether it's because they sing beautiful, comforting music, or remind me that there are people in the world right now going to bed hungry and sick, they remind me that I am a very lucky person living in the United States. I might sometimes whine that I still live with my parents, but I have a home...I have parents that don't mind me being here.

These are the three songs that bring me back down to earth the most..."Numb" because that's how I felt last year after the end of several very important relationships..."Bad" because it's everything I want to say to those people put so much more eloquently than I ever could..."Beautiful Day" because I still have days to enjoy; each day is beautiful in its own way, and because what you don't have you don't need it now!!!

I also love and will never get over or stop talking about how close I was to my favorite band of all time in my home state after September 11...The way I felt that day, the way my personal life was being shaken up, and I stood in the heart and sang with all my soul these songs...It was spiritual cleansing, and very few people in my life understand why U2 is almost all I listen to.

:bono: :larry: :adam: :edge: :heart: :hug:

All of the reasons above are all apart of it but it's that their music is there when other things...(cough cough people cough cough) are not. They just say so much to you. Seeing them live was the best experience. The only thing that keeps me sane durring the week is knowing that they are gonna be on tv or they are going to release something new or something. What they say is what I ,kind of, find myself living by. I just saw alot of things differently since I have been a fan, and it has definetly had a positive impact on me. See, rock n roll can change the world. or at least the temperature of the world.

What is it with Bad - its the same for me - that alone would have been enough. U2 have beem a messianic experience - like a line drawn in the sand - before nad after. Why has this happened, well its hard to put into words. I know that being a great rock band is not even half of it. Its all the other stuff they bring - their inspiration,openess, generosity, passion, honesty, committment to each other, to the music and to us - and for Bono its seems the world as well, and I could go on and on.
and they are only half the reasons I am a U2 fan.

Just love em!
Pamela

The song "Pride". This is what turned me from a person who enjoyed U2 into a true fanatic. A song about MLK, my personal hero, was alone powerful enough. But to hear Bono's passionate, powerful vocals and Edge's outstanding groove - to this day it remains my all-time favorite song ever created by anyone anywhere! :heart:

I know, I know, I don't make sense...

#18:
The fact that just when you think you may have a song or an album or a tour or something figured out, a whole new perspective comes along and whacks you upside the head and makes you "rediscover" the whole thing.

The fact that, in a music world full of faceless, generic, personality-free bands, they posess genuine star quality and charisma. Even if Bono might say or do something stupid or cringeworthy at times, he is never boring or predictable, :)

The twentieth reason
Bono and how he persists in making me smile during the day. I will be studying or in a bank cue or driving along and I will think of Bono saying something like ?far out that?s the loudest voice I have ever heard, how do u scream up twenty stories *looks at camera* rock doggy? or a particular lyric will flash into my head like ?she got soul soul soul sweat soul and she teach me how so sing? and I will just impulsively smile a massive smile and sometimes chuckle quietly to myself. Then I think I have to stop doing that. Bono is just the coolest.

The way the song One just drives daggers into you. How it can pull at every emotion within the time frame of the song. How the song, without changing in words or music, changes with the times. It's as meaningful and fresh today as it was in 1991.

# 22

The songs, the songs, the songs. There's a song for my every mood, for every single feeling.

That even after all these years, WOWY still enthralls me.

It still amazes me that the four most adorable men in the world are in the same band. :cute:

And as Wertsie mentioned, I also think their friendship is the most beautiful thing about them.

I love them.

#25 The fact that I have in my posession one of the best bands in the world at my finger tip with all the music they have put out! I feel like I have a priceless jewel and those that don't "GET IT" are missing out!!!:sexywink:

For the band giving us not only incredible music from 1991-2001, but also 3 of the most fantastic live shows that a fan could ever imagine, and ask for in the ZooTV Tour, Popmart Tour, and the Elevation Tour. Even if their career would have only lasted those ten years, I would love this band just the same for the visually stunning memories they created on stage.

Chris

Because they have always been there for me, since I was a young college girl...whether I feel like crying when life is tough and bitter or dancing and having fun when things are better...when I feel as if I were drowning in sorrows there is always a U2 song to cheer me up...when I feel I could fly away from everything, good or bad, there is always a U2 song to make me fly. It?s much more than music. It?s like water when I?m thirsty...and I feel it will always be that way for me. So I love U2.

On a personal level, their music (especially ATYCLB) was/is uplifting.

It's magic, really. :) Their music and the lyrics seem to touch a part of me no other band can.

As a girl, i really like the way they portray us in the videos/songs. With style and class, unlike so many. many bands.

Back
Top Bottom