Reasons Why We Love U2...#1...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

They grew up and continue to live in the coolest city in the world, Dublin's the best!

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:
#12, all of the above, and other personal reasons, and the only time they've "sold out" is for concerts!
:heart:

Haha, exactly. :D.

#32: The creativity in their videos-who else could have come up with the concept for "The Sweetest Thing" and made it as sweet (no pun intended) as that video was? Who else can make a video as odd...yet very artistic and cool...as the video for "Lemon"? And who else could make a video as mind-blowing as "Even Better Than The Real Thing"?

#33: The fact that Bono and his wife have been together since high school-you don't hear many stories of celebrity relationships that last that long nowadays, and to see their relationship still going strong is just an inspiration, and a really lovely thing to see. I really admire that about those two.

Angela

#34 - The fact that they have refused to settle for mediocrity but have always strived for excellence.

#35 - The fact that they been able to express their faith through their music without sounding preachy or trite.

I wanted to say so much more but everyone else already beat me to it! Great job, everyone! :wave:

#36 When they dreamt it all up again..........

After rushing home from the Virgin Megastore in Dublin......just after midnight - November 1991. Popping the CD carefully in to the stereo.........I could feel the musical weight in my hands. Everything would change when I pressed PLAY...........and it did. Achtung Baby started my love affair with U2.......all those new crazy sounds that made my Pioneer System (tm) sound like it was ripping itself apart......all that passion........all that pain.........all that beauty...........and then.....ONE....the most passionately painful and beautiful song ever written (IMHO)........How they managed all of this.............and became COOL :cool: in the process..........All this in a little round piece of plastic......that changed everything.

Eh....sorry for rambling.........This is one defining reason why I love U2

# 37.

For 40. I know I'm 3 posts too early, but it's still true.

A moment I will remember forever, and had dreamed about for years, since I first heard Under a Blood Red Sky. My first U2 concert (Elevation Albany). All the other songs were nice, but when Bono got to the end of Bad, and started singing "how long...." I almost cried.

I had been singing every word of every song up until that point, but singing those words with 20,000 other people was something I'll never forget.

-Mike

Achtung Baby released 11/18/91!

allcub said:
#36 When they dreamt it all up again..........

After rushing home from the Virgin Megastore in Dublin......just after midnight - November 1991. Popping the CD carefully in to the stereo.........I could feel the musical weight in my hands. Everything would change when I pressed PLAY...........and it did. Achtung Baby started my love affair with U2.......all those new crazy sounds that made my Pioneer System (tm) sound like it was ripping itself apart......all that passion........all that pain.........all that beauty...........and then.....ONE....the most passionately painful and beautiful song ever written (IMHO)........How they managed all of this.............and became COOL :cool: in the process..........All this in a little round piece of plastic......that changed everything.

Eh....sorry for rambling.........This is one defining reason why I love U2

Great post allcub...and I agree with everything you said...

#38...Achtung Baby released on this day, November 18, 1991!

Chris

Last edited:
#39- April 26, 2001

First U2 concert...perhaps one of the most trying times of my young adult life. After getting out of my town w/ bro and friend, we make the trek to see the concert...which turned out to be a pivotal point in my thinking process. I cheered, I cried (more like sobbed), I laughed and smiled...all for one rock band. Their performance that day helped me through so much, and for that I'm eternally grateful. Amen to U2's ability to reach so many, with words and songs.

Mike P said:
# 37.

A moment I will remember forever, and had dreamed about for years, since I first heard Under a Blood Red Sky. My first U2 concert (Elevation Albany). All the other songs were nice, but when Bono got to the end of Bad, and started singing "how long...." I almost cried.

I had been singing every word of every song up until that point, but singing those words with 20,000 other people was something I'll never forget.

-Mike

Oh, wow.

I hope I can have an experience like that someday.

Angela

The intro to Where the Streets

Popmart. Whether we liked it or not, it was very historical and will always be known as one of the wildest stunts pulled by a rock and roll band (another contribution by U2 to their being on the edge and shattering expectations).

McPhisto.

#43: Because of the various extra lines and changed lyrics in live versions of the songs.

#44: Because of the rockin' greatness that is "Angel Of Harlem". :D.

#45: Because of the kick-butt performance of "Bullet The Blue Sky" from the R&H movie.

#46: Because of the passionate speech Bono gives during "Sunday Bloody Sunday" from said movie.

Angela

Mike P said:
# 37.

-Mike

Hearing 40 sung by 20,000 is one of my favorite concert moments Mike P!

Originally posted by Bono's shades
#35 - The fact that they been able to express their faith through their music without sounding preachy or trite.

:yes: My 19 years as a fan of U2 has been as close as I have been to religion, and due to U2's music, I have become curious and inspired enough to "take it to the Church" as Bono has said in concert.

Originally posted by PopTart, Pamela
[BWhat is it with Bad - its the same for me - that alone would have been enough. [/B]

:yes: :yes: :yes:

Ok, everyone has done such a good job with this that it's been hard to add something new. How about this:

#47 - How generous they are with us fans. I have read story after story of great experiences while only less than a handful of sad experiences when we fans get to meet U2.

#48...

Because of U2, a place called Interference was born, and enabled fans from all around the world to not only meet other fans, but learn more about this band we love so much. I remember from the early 80 up to the late 90's, not having almost any contact with U2 fans. The only time you would see people who loved them like you did was at a concert. So I'm thankful for U2 and a place called Interference.:wave:

Chris

shameless bump

Man...this is so good to read...too much is not enough.

U2 music has always made me dream, sweet dreams...Now it?s again helping me to dream...my own "dream it all up again". (maybe too much "dream" in one sentence ;))

Getting warm fuzzies whenever I'm watching them play!

Also, the incredible passion in their playing - when I was watching Tribute to heroes - and it just felt as if they were playing for their lives ... you know?

Edit: also I admire that they stayed down to Earth, normal (as possible), nice guys in a business where so many addictions, breakups etc... happen.

Also I love their interaction with fans: be it on stage or the "fan meets the band" stories!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom