really weird problem with new Best of CD and Car Stereo's???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ultraviolet353

War Child
So I buy the new Best of, and I have played it alot on my home system, no problem, portable cd palyer, no problem, computer, no prob. I then put it in my car CD player--brand new Sony CD Player that plays CD, CDR, CD-RW. Whenever I accelerate, hit a little bump, even hit those raised lane dividers, the disc skips. This does not happen to any of my other discs. Discs do not skip in my car period. So I take the disc back, get another one, and the same thing happens all over again. I am thinking that it was the way the disc was mastered. Is anybody else having this problem?

Last edited:
I have had the same problem in my Honda Accord's CD player, it skips a lot when you do little things, it only happens with a few burned CDs and now it is happening with the Best Of, maybe they are defective!

Two days ago, I put my disc in my car CD player, and it ejected it immediately...this has never happened before. Today, different CD, same thing...luckily it's just because the car was cold and once it warms up, no ejecting!
But I know the pain and anger......

I haven't had this problem....with any CD.

That is really strange because the antiskip is just the player buffering what is played, so it has a few seconds worth of music in the buffer. So when you hit a bump the music is uninterrupted. Does that make any sense?

Perhaps there is some kind of weird coding within the disk itself.

:shrug:

Me too!!! arghhhhhhhhhhhhh

I am having the same problem too now!!!!!!!!! :banghead: :censored: :censored:

This is really weird..I have a honda odysessy(brand new) and everytime I put the best of cd in there it skips on various songs..different ones everytime. Its the only cd that skips in our car. I play it on my boom box and no problem at all!!

What gives!!???? This is so frustrating...
:scratch:

It makes me think that there is some kind of defect on the cd..but that it is pure guessing...

If anyone has an answer to this very perplexing problem please fill us in!!!

Peace!

I am convinced it was the way the discs were pressed. NO other disc in my collection does this. I am going into Tower Records (L.A.) tomorrow and will speak with a manager and see who I can contact about this at Interscope. At first I thought it was copy protection (some copy protected CD's in the past have not been friendly to certain players), but it's not. I will let you know what I find out.

very odd. I have a brand new Nissan Xterra '02, and I have had no problems with the best of cd playing in it. the only problem i've had is that my history mix dvd has been giving me problems, but it wouldn't surprise me if my computer is the one that has the issue.

good luck guys.

here's the latest wrinkle: I burned an exact copy of the disc on a CDR and it doesn't skip at all in my car stereo which pretty much confirms the fact that there is somethig wrong with the original CD; not sure what it is, but there is definitely something wrong.

Back
Top Bottom