really upset demo version of E-Storm better than new radio version--what do u think?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I must say I think I like the Radio version much better!

Definitely less ATYCLB sounding. If this is the direction that U2 is going, I am very, very excited!

I'm confused! Which version is which??:lmao: No doubt some of the confusion is due to the Labelathon From Hell at work today (I work in a library) but I just heard the version from U2France, which I believe is the "radio" version. *I* like this alot myself. It sounds more energetic than the demo version. But they are both very nice. I like this song!:happy: :happy: :cool:

Ok I just heard the radio version finally.. I think I like it about the same as the demo.. but I do notice edge's guitar is different.. I DO like Bono's yelling in the middle.. I think that's new.

The version from U2France.com is FAR superior to the demo version, in my opinion. All that's missing is the riff in the chorus, but all the added nuances more than make up for it. Can't wait to hear this as CD quality.

Edit: This is what I had expected from ATYCLB when I first read about it several years ago. I'm glad I'm finally hearing what I had hoped for.

Last edited:
Ok.. now I'm really confused.

I just downloaded the one from U2france.. then I just heard a version on the radio.. and the version I heard on the radio is like.. slower or something.. :scratch: Gah!!!

How many are there??!

Sicy said:
Ok.. now I'm really confused.

I just downloaded the one from U2france.. then I just heard a version on the radio.. and the version I heard on the radio is like.. slower or something.. :scratch: Gah!!!

How many are there??!

Maybe is an Electrical Storm plague! :confused:

ES Demo V 117- 2 ES "I dont know what the hell ver this is"

Well this new version is certainly much tighter and I think it has more of electrical essence and its more "arty".The first demo was kind of in your face.But I am still not judging the song, who knows how many more version there are? It has new Edge solo at the end which is always welcome

IMHO, the extra production has the following effect:

It paints a complicated musical picture, which creates a certain sound to the song. Then, you listen, and listen, and listen, and dig, and focus your ears on different parts of the song, each "track" if you will, and by that point, you are IN the song - it has filled you up, you are swimming in it, and you can hear every little part all at once, each component individually, yet still see the big picture (the song in it's finished state).

having the demo version, just makes it easier to hear all the parts of the final version.

Someone mentioned they didn't like the "heeeeeeeeeeeyyyy" part being "drowned" out. I see your point, but visualize..... Bono singing, and the music enveloping him... your ears still hear him, but you also visualize a whole aural scene of the cryyyyyyyyy as a part of something bigger.

That's my rambling anyway.... sorry. hehehe.

I love the new version better!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*edit: I totally agree with Se7en about it sounding more like U2 and like a finished U2 song. I like Edge's guitar much better and the storm part and.. yeah.

:up: nice job boys..

if this is the finished one ;)

Last edited:
everyone relax for christ's sake.:angry:

the basic differences are:
1. the glockenspiel is out on the radio version
2. there's no acoustic strumming on the radio version; it's all electric guitar
3. the edge guitar part leading into the ending guitar solo (the signature edge sound) is gone on the radio version

other than that, they're the same tempo, etc.
as a matter of fact, they are they SAME recording, just mixed differently.:shifty:

I totally agree, tiptopprince.

now that i have heard a good quality version of the new version i feel a little differently about it. well... a lot actually. I still miss that riff though. I mean.. wow.. that was a killer ass riff!

JOFO said:
everyone relax for christ's sake.:angry:

the basic differences are:
1. the glockenspiel is out on the radio version
2. there's no acoustic strumming on the radio version; it's all electric guitar
3. the edge guitar part leading into the ending guitar solo (the signature edge sound) is gone on the radio version

other than that, they're the same tempo, etc.
as a matter of fact, they are they SAME recording, just mixed differently.:shifty:

None of those differences really bug me. What bugs me is the much different guitar during the "your in my mind/all of the time/electrical storm".

I was one of those people that didn't like the BBC Electrical Storm much. It sounds too pop oriented (not the album).

THe William Orbit Mix (I think that is the one) is definitely much better! It has that classic U2 type sound that the old one lacked. It is harder, darker and rocks more. It has much more of a unified sound, unlike the rather disjointed BBC version. The Orbit mix doesn't sound like ATYCLB much at all, which I think the BBC one does. I am not sure which era this version falls best into. But, I am pleasantly surprised, especially after hearing the BBC version.

karl

SkeeK said:

None of those differences really bug me. What bugs me is the much different guitar during the "your in my mind/all of the time/electrical storm".

ok, I can see that.

I think this tune reminds me most at this point of the achtung baby era....kinda like the first listens to the fly or uteotw.

I for one am excited about the future.:dance:

ok people the radio edit is much better for the simple sact that the stupid glokinspel part is gone. But it seems much tighter. It was playing all day long on my station at i heard it at least 4 times.

And for all of us its U2 so we are going crazy but i work in a warehouse with about 50 guys. I heard the first few chourd and ran to the stereo and pumped it. Alot of people new it was U2 and were asking me, the resident U2 fan if it was new. I said yes. Near the end of the song i had about 15 people standing around the speakers really into the song.

OH ya people the gay lightinging sounds are gone,

THE LIGHTNING SOUNDS ARE GOONE!!!!!

:yes:

I definitely think the new version is stronger. I like the vocals more and I think the production is better suited to the song than the demo. I just seems much more complete to my ears. Yes, the demo is more stripped down, but I think this is a song that needed more production. I'm happy it got it. I do miss the guitar lick during E-lec-tri-cal Storm, but I'm sure I'll get used to it. It may even be faintly in the background somewhere. Hey, we should be happy we have BOTH versions now! Oh, I like the solo better at the end on the finished version too.

alright, i have the u2france one i believe, and the demo one.

they both sound great.

the u2france one definately has louder guitars.

what about the orbit version and where can you get it?

Thank God for the new version!!!!

*SIIIIIIIGH*
Huge breath of relief here. I was so scared cuz i really didn't like the demo version so much. This one is SOOO much nicer, and I do love it. The sound quality is so much better and it just seems more ---- collected?? And here I was ready to throw myself in the Mississippi River......

:up: :dance: :grin:

Zoomerang96 said:
alright, i have the u2france one i believe, and the demo one.

they both sound great.

the u2france one definately has louder guitars.

what about the orbit version and where can you get it?

Download: http://www.u2world.com

U2.com released a statement saying Bono gave the demo ES version as a "spontaneous" wedding gift to a friend, and then that's where it got radio air time. Oops, Bono did it again... :uhoh: I mean.. :crack:

Back
Top Bottom