Really Stupid and Random, But I Was Just Wondering...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

OrARoundabout

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
Does anybody here share stupid inside U2 jokes with their friends?

Not sure if this is the right place (it does say “thoughts about U2” in the description…so what the Hell) but it was on my mind today…

Am I really the only one who shares weird, inside jokes about U2 with my fellow U2 fans…two of my best friends and I have a bunch and I don’t think we’re the only ones!
Like today in lunch…I randomly asked my friend what the Hell was between her two slices of wonder bread and she said in the most God awful Fat Lady voice ever,

“LEEEEEEEEMONS!”

:huh:

We’ll just say the most randomest stuff, like “You’re the Edge to my Bono”, “F*ck the Revolution”, “I’ll go Larry Mullen on your ass!”, "F*CKING MOFO!", "IT'S NOT "GOT TO", IT'S "GET TO"..."GET IT" RIGHT!", “You are NOT a cowboy” (From Outside its America…LONG, LONG STORY)

and finally

"It's a musical journey"

and

"What the Hell is "Street Missions" about?"

"COLDPLAY THE NEXT U2 MYYYYYYYYYYYYY ASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!" (Oldie but goodie)

…stupid crap like that…it’s so embarrassing...and makes no sense...

We can’t be the only ones, right? Do you guys have any?

Last edited:
I have no U2 fan friends, so I have none. Usually it's just my one buddy reminding me, "I really hate Bono, you know that, right?"

My friends and I joke about the beachball and Larry being the angriest man alive not names Sam Jackson.

phillyfan26 said:
I have no U2 fan friends, so I have none. Usually it's just my one buddy reminding me, "I really hate Bono, you know that, right?"

Oh, that sucks...

My friend Tara HATES Bono...Oh the arguments...

MY B.F's Emma and Adam didn't even know I was fan fan until I said my favorite album was Achtung Baby in Music class at the begining of the year...

And they invited me to come over to watch ZOO T.V Austrailia at their house later in the week...good times...

phillyfan26 said:

funny, i am in the exact same situation hahaha

it's me against everyone around me besides my family...but as far as friends, i can't think of a friend who likes U2 that much at all

I have one friend who's also a big U2 fan. Unfortunately, she's not really a jokey kind of girl. So my U2 inside jokes are reserved for online chitter-chat exclusively.

All my friends hate U2 besides one of them who sort of likes them. My uncle is a huge fan though, he even saw them ZooTV era. The "LEEEEEMOOOOON" thing is big with us too, and we're always taking regular conversation and spinning it into a U2 song somehow.

I have a couple hardcore fan friends...

we do bad adam clayton accent impersonations...

and the word "edge" never goes by without one of us singing the riff to pride. the fact that the joke is so stale makes it all the more awesome

Dorian Gray said:
I have a couple hardcore fan friends...

we do bad adam clayton accent impersonations...

and the word "edge" never goes by without one of us singing the riff to pride. the fact that the joke is so stale makes it all the more awesome

HAHAHAHAHA!

The staler the better...

A few weeks ago my teacher was talking about a German Chemist who used the phrase "Achtung Baby"...then Adam (not Clayton...my friend) did a great impression of Larry, "I can't pronounce the damn thing "Achton Bebe""

Oh, God...Good Times...

I have no U2 friends, so unfortunately I don't get to have U2 inside jokes. I do have a brother who relentlessly makes fun of U2 (especially Bono) so I get to deal with that :|

Hah! Good thread! Me and a friend share the customary, and somewhat overused but for some reason still funny eye catch every time the word "edge" appears. And we've been doing our best to introduce the word "boomcha" into day to day conversation...hasnt quite taken off, but we're working it!

phillyfan26 said:

Ditto. At parties, folks ask me to play guitar but I can never play U2 because the damn dorks hate them. Kind of a bummer but whatever :huh:

I occasionally sneak a riff in here and there though :shh:

My husband (then boyfriend) and I bought the Boy album the week it was released. (We had never heard of U2 so we thought the bands name was U2 Boy.) Anyways ... anytime someone said "you too", we would say BOY!

That has gone on for 27 years and it's gotten so old that it's still funny, in that demented way. :der:

Other then that... I also have no U2 friends... including the husband :grumpy:

Except for all of you guys :cute:

During a boring year 11 class three years ago I invented a fake radio station and spent my time bludging writing scripts for it. One of the things was a mock interview between Michael Stipe and Bono. I have a pal who kind of likes both related bands, he often quotes my mad parody skills.

Also once my brother drew a picture of Bono and it kind of looked like a lamb, so there's always been a kind of connection between the two for us.

(Un?)fortunately, these are in-jokes you can't really share with other U2 fans.

Last edited:
Well, my friend Kyra decided Bono dressed as Doctor Robert in Across the Universe looked just like her dad, so she started referring to him as such, and now I refer to Bono as "your Bonodad" when I mention him to her.

But it's my friend Hilary that I have the most U2 in jokes with. Like if I say it's hot, she'll say "Hot as a handbag and a can of mace?"

I'll think of better examples when I'm not so sleepy and come back to this thread :lol:

oh actually now that I think of it, I make fun of all their accents on a daily basis (even though I actually really like their accents, I just find this amusing) but usually to myself or family- don't ask why but I always imitate Bono as if he is talking to edge and I say in a rather horrendous irish accent "Edge shall we strum a few chords today?"

yes this is beyond weird, I realize...

also, I like imitating an irish host on an interview from 1987 i think it was..he introduces the band by saying something like, "Larry and Adam form the heart of the rhythm section" and then "Bono, chief vocalist and principal lyricist...."

I just find those lines fun to say in an irish accent...anyway, I just thought I should be brutally honest :lol:

sry for anybody who is disturbed by this but I do tend to get a bit weird sometimes

bonocomet said:
My husband (then boyfriend) and I bought the Boy album the week it was released. (We had never heard of U2 so we thought the bands name was U2 Boy.) Anyways ... anytime someone said "you too", we would say BOY!

U2 Boy!!! :laugh:

bonocomet said:

That has gone on for 27 years and it's gotten so old that it's still funny, in that demented way. :der:

in don't know about anyone else, but i find this extremely romantic.

phillyfan26 said:

Same here...:sad:

I can draw no comparisons here as i have an unusually high proportion of freinds who like u2 (ie. would travel to see em in concert and own cds etc)

But we dont share jokes really

edurban said:

Same here...:sad:

NO, that's not true, I have to be fair: I have a very dear friend who is also a U2 friend and we go to gigs together, but I can't think of any inside joke we regularly make. Plus she is not as much as a U2 nerd as I am.

Other friends love U2 (a couple of others, let's not exagerrate), but not enough to have inside jokes.

"F**k the revolution!" comes out a lot though...

Not so much any inside jokes other than occasionally screaming "Leeeeamon" but my husband teases me relentlessly whenever we see or hear the word 'achtung' because it was years before I knew how to pronounce it properly. And he also goes overkill on the boner thing. :madspit:

I don't really have any friends that are U2 fans. My mom is a casual fan, and my 4 y/o daughter says she likes them, but I think she just feels sorry for me when everyone else makes fun of me for being a U2 fan. :sad:

Back
Top Bottom