Real Hands That Build America mp3 now available

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zargo

The Fly
Finally the real deal! (not the looped version)

go to youtwo.net and there is a link to a spanish site with the mp3.

Post your thoughts on the song here!

The link's not working for me it says the server can't be found

not the link you posted, but the actual link on the site

hmm, interesting. It didnt download for me at first either but i hit the refresh button and left clicked "save as" and it downloaded fine.

im downloading it.

two things: it appears to be a zip file. and its huge-9.5 megs?

Yes its like a 9 meg zip file. unzip to luncompress the mp3. It's encoded at 256 kbps, so its very good quality.

dernit. why can't i download it?!!? it says the site was not found. :censored:

its almost here

this is all very exciting.

any initial thoughts zargo?

ive a couple of minutes before it arrives:slant:

no it's not exciting cause i can't get it when everyone else can!

Initial thoughts....fresh sounding, beautiful, interesting (the song veers musically quite a bit throughout) I really liked one part where there was some choice vocal distortion:drool: Must listen more for further analysis:lol:

Beautiful atmospheric piano intro, song progresses into verse with several tempo changes, then into the chorus that we?re all familiar with from the u2.com video clip. Tempo changes in verses sound a little unnatural; a little cut and paste. Weird opera like wail in the middle bridge of the song. Is that Bono? Song ends very quietly, unlike to grand build up electrical storm. Organs, piano, guitar, light violins, and subtle synthesizers beeps & noise make up the instrumentation of the song.

Overall I would say this song is an average U2 song, but should work well in the context of the movie. I liked TGBHF better, but that may change after more listens. I think some fans will dislike this song though

dah i thought i was getting it, but it won't transfer

anyone have msn and would be willing to send it to mumad@home.com ? or post it to a binary newsgroup or something

Last edited:
i don't feel drums , and it is still very lame and too much from Madonna .
it's alright song , but Bruce did much better job with something like this ( Streets Of Philadelphia ) .

...... 5 mins later after second playing

well it's ok song , irish pop rock , Bono Loves Corrs !!!!!
i'm confused , very ......
what's that opera -alike voice before the end
??????

Yes, I like this song a lot. I'm very pleased. This song could easily get them a nominaton at the Oscars for its connection with The Gangs of New York

SkeeK said:
dah i thought i was getting it, but it won't transfer

anyone have msn and would be willing to send it to mumad@home.com ? or post it to a binary newsgroup or something

I'll try to send it to you. So don't get freaked out when "Gina" starts randomly sending you messages. ;)

Last edited:
All I can say is WOW...Beautiful piano intro with which I believe violins. When the chorus starts and after Bono says America I hear someone sort of whispering I don't know who it is (I think Bono) or what is being said. If you hear it with headphones you'll hear it on your left ear. The second chorus the samething but I think "the journey is, the journey is" is being said. I don't know why but it sounds like Leonardo DiCaprio's voice...maybe not, too early to tell.
Overall, I love it! :love: I can't stop playing it.
Will definitely get an Oscar Nomination and hopefully win.

Hallelujah Here She Comes said:

I'll try to send it to you. :)

i just had a msn related message pop up but i was typing and i accidentally pressed space and seomthing happened. not sure if i just disallowed you from talking to me or something :|

Back
Top Bottom