Real Hands That Build America mp3 now available

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The intro is one of U2's best and the violins sound excellent. I think its reminscent of songs like Miss Sarajevo, Your Blue Room and Ground Beneath Her Feet. I am impressed!:yes: And it sounds fuck all like a Madonna song!!:rolleyes:

SkeeK said:

i just had a msn related message pop up but i was typing and i accidentally pressed space and seomthing happened. not sure if i just disallowed you from talking to me or something :|

lol. no, I think you approved me. I was wondering why that happened so quickly...

I really like the instrumental backing during the opera wail part. Adam really comes through with the bass during that part along with edges piano keys that are the same as the nice intro to the song.

They shoud have made a whole instrumental track out of that part.

After ten or so listens i would rate this song a 6.5 or 7 compared to other U2 album songs, but a "8" as a sountrack song.

well, i hope one of you re-encodes the mp3 to 128kb, because i don't feel like downloading a 9 meg zipped song, plus the site is dead for me anyway.

Right from the start, I was very impressed. :yes:

The enchanting piano echo and strings gave me goose bumps. One of the best intros to a U2 song (reminded me of the dramatic October intro). If you haven't heard it yet, YOU NEED TO. :shame:

After several listens, I'm really getting into it, and frankly it would be difficult for any American to not be emotionally moved by the song's lyric and tribute.

:bow: THTBA

purty opening
im on to my *th listen
i underestimated u2
its not what i was dreading so im pleased

I dont get the U2 album feel. This is very soundtracky...if that makes any sense. I could see it being played in the middle of the movie. Not bad but a little to slow for me. And the xlyphone thing i really dont like. The opera thingy makes me actually laugh.

Mindblowing

:bow:

I can listen to this over and over and over the south yarra river for ever. I just love U2 in this mood

Well, the first minute of it I heard, it sounded awesome. It'll be hours before I hear the rest.

Anyone know if it's on any sites yet, at a smaller bitrate?

Love it, and for those that don't it's probably gonna be a grower.

I'm sharing on NewMedia for those of you who want but don't have.

I like it a lot, but I think I'm one of the ones that prefers the harder-rocking-catchy-beat U2.

I cant find it in newmedia! someones help! PLEASE!!! I need it hehe

PLEAAASE!!!

I realy like it. My two criticism are: that is does not reach the full crescendo that I expected it would; and that the synthy-operatic vocal should instead be Bono's full voiced wail. I think that would have a bigger impact. Instead we wonder what was that?

But I really do like the song.

WWOWWW, the link of U2SEVILLA suddenly started working and it was really fast all that I can say is that U2 makes awesome songs for movie soundtracks. We have The Ground Beneath Her Feet, Hold me, thrill me, kiss me, kill me, (two of my favorite) and now this !!! Awesome song!

Hey, i think i've found a hidden message! Sort of.

At 2 mins 32 into the song, after Bono sings '...America', someone in the background can be heard whispering "Chinese chicken".

Well i thought it was rather funny. Any thoughts?

Hmmmm.... yes I like it, to me though it does sound as intended, a soundtrack, wonder how this would fit if it was on a normal album? I think with the mellow version that is the Orbit mix of Electrical Storm playing on the radio and if THTBA is released afterwards, people are going to be wondering have U2 gone soft? (thats my perception of how the general public would think, not my own view!). Once these new tracks out of the way from the Best Of, the next studio album has GOT to be more hard rocking songs! Don't get me wrong I like the 2 new songs but lets close the chapter, and see what new direction U2 will be going in, and hopefully the are true to their words about what they are saying the new album is sounding like!

It's lovely and ambient.

It's not a hard rocking song, but you have to think of it in context of the film, so I think it's just fine as it is.

Beautiful, sweet song. Freckled fields:lol: Hope this makes it to the Oscar night, U2 backed up by an orchestra, hope the film is as classy as this!

Back
Top Bottom