Real E-Storm to Radio TODAY!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

womanfish

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
From one of my favorite sites, hitsdailydouble.com:

August 28, 2002
From Hits:

Storm Approaching

The new U2 single, "Electrical Storm," from the group?s upcoming Greatest Hits (1990-2000) album, is shipping
Wednesday (8/28) to arrive at all radio formats on Thursday (8/29). Top 40 add date TBD. Philadelphia's Y100
became the first station to leak the track, spinning it several times yesterday before complying with Interscope's
request to (and we paraphrase) cut that shit out. The album is due in stores Nov. 5. (8/27p)

So it has been said on U2.com that the song played on BBC was a demo. Do you think that U2 management is now rushing the release of this single to radio because of the HUGE leak that occured? Anyone who gets a quality MP3 of the new version, well, you know what to do. :)

I hope U2 don't rush this "Production work." one they've done this there's not going back, and if there's something on the track they don't like, once the stations have it there's nothing they can do. I'm sure experiance will have taught them that.

Sicy said:

Thanks Sicy! :D

Here's more detailed info:

http://www.2fm.ie
August 28, 2002
From 2FM:

2FM has a World Exclusive!

Tonight (Wed 28 Aug) Dave Fanning will have the very first play of the brand new U2 single 'Electrical Storm'. Recorded
recently in Dublin, the single is rumoured to be good... very good... but listeners will get a chance to decide for themselves
by tuning in this evening between 7 and 8pm.

Too bad I'm at work, so I can't listen to it. :angry:

Somebody best be making an mp3 of this. ;)

hmmm.......between 7 and 8?

what time is it in Ireland right now?

btw, HelloAngel, why do we submit news to you? I've seen you post that a couple of times. just curious.:)

They just played it on my local radio station.

I don't like it.

The end sounded different than the BBC Radio1 version. I could be on crack. :crack:

I expected more from U2. Sorry all. Good song... but lacks depth, feeling... and what U2 does best, soul.

Listening now... not a bad station, though the choice of Van Morrison singing "Have I Told You Lately That I Love You" is erm, a bit odd.

And this Dave Fanning guy works one hour a day? Nice work, if you can get it.

Any Dubliners (James Joyce - ARRRGH!) here listen to 2FM regularly? Do you guys recommend it?

Bubba

(An ad just announced the Reduced Shakespeare Company will be performing at The Helix, a new theater in Dublin. My girlfriend and I saw them in Montgomery, AL, and I HIGHLY recommend seeing one of their shows.)

Last edited:
Please post the new mp3 or link here so we know where to find it!!! Thanks, hopefully I'll be able to download it and listen to it when I get home tonight. No sound card at work!!! :banghead:

wertsie said:

:yes: definitely. Why are you a "newbie at heart"? Just curious...

because i just came back from a long break from this place, and I've decided not to get involved in some of the bullshit that I used to here.:)

Back
Top Bottom