Rattle and Hum V.S. Zooropa

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

J_NP

New Yorker
In Homage to my good mate U2Man ;)

Ok U may start shootin around and the bitchin

Tough call. I've been lovin Rattle and Hum more and more and more every day. But Zooropa is close to a masterpiece. Very tough call actually. I'll get back to you with my definitive selection.

since rattle and hum is probably u2s worst album (only october could have been worse, but gloria saves it), zooropa wins.

I just consulted my post in the other thread a few lines below:

1. The Joshua Tree
2. ATYCLB
3. Achtung Baby
4. The Unforgettable Fire
5. Zooropa
6. Rattle and Hum
7. Boy
8. Pop
9. HTDAAB
10. War
11. October

Looks like Zooropa wins. :wink:

Zooropa. RAH has the better songs, but its total lack of flow or cohesion kills it as an album.

It's also worth noting that without Rattle and Hum there would be no Lovetown. :sad:

Lancemc said:
It's also worth noting that without Rattle and Hum there would be no Lovetown. :sad:

Actually, it's worth noting that without RAH, U2 would have come down to Australia and NZ much sooner than they actually did!

RAH has better songs, but the live performances kill it imo. Still, Hawkmoon, Heartland and God Part II are a fuckin' good trio that kills any song combination in Zooropa. RAH would win a song by song comparison as those being made in other threads.

That said, Zooropa flows better as an album, so it wins the album to album comparison.

R&H, by miles.

Van Diemen's Land, Hawkmoon, Desire, Heartland, God Part 2, and All I Want Is You are all better than any song on Zooropa. You could include Love Rescue Me in that if it's the live version (it's not, but you get my point).

And nothing on R&H is as bad as Lemon...Freedom for my People slays Lemon.

Back
Top Bottom