Rattle and Hum Special Edition DVD

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nathan1977

Rock n' Roll Doggie
Hey gang --

Curious -- if the band decided to re-release R&H as a two-disc special edition, in the same format as the other DVDs, what would you want on it?

My special features would include:
- 5.1 DTS sound
- Audio commentary with the band
- "The Making of U2 Rattle and Hum" from 1988
- outtakes
- trailers

What other fun stuff would you want to make it truly special?

Maybe, if it was filmed, footage of the band performing songs in front of one of the theatres that premiered the movie? I forgot what the theatre was. Mabye it was that famous Mans Chinese Theatre in LA.

Definitely lots and lots of outtakes. Especially from those Beach jam sessions with The Edge and Bono. Those songs were awesome.

I just can't understand WHY ON EARTH they didn't give us some bonus features yet!

I read in the Rolling Stone Files that they were considering adding some bonus footage to VHS version back in 1989!!!!

There was a talk about songs like New Year's Day...

I bought this Rattle n Roll dvd a few wks ago in Spain, which features about 2 hours or so of Outtakes from the film. They're great! Following Bono to hospital when he had his shoulder injury and stuff like that. Really good. But there still must be plenty more that they could include if a re-release was to happen.
Band commentary would be great. I'm never too bothered about directors commentary, unless it's Monty Python!:wink:

i would like a double DVD with lots of behind stage footage, trailers, some never-before-seen songs like New Year's Day, ISHFWILF live at concert,I will Follow,Out of Control, special extra tracks from New Year's Gig 1989-90 in Dublin, Lovetown outtakes from Australia----
yea, that would be amazing!

i'd throw in more making of stuff for the studio tracks and maybe like a bonus of 5 songs that were filmed and not put on the album, commentary from Phil Janou on directing the film and then a 30 minute loop of Bono asking for a Beer(j/k)

Back
Top Bottom