Rattle & Hum live vs. studio

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

the tourist

Blue Crack Addict
I personally think they should have come out with two seperate cds -- Rattle & Hum and The Joshua Tree Tour Live.

Rattle & Hum:
01. All Along The Watchtower (studio)
02. Van Diemen's Land
03. Desire
04. Hawkmoon 269
05. Angel Of Harlem
06. Love Rescue Me
07. When Love Comes To Town
08. Unchained Melody
09. Deep In The Heart
10. Heartland
11. God Part II
12. All I Want Is You

Joshua Tree Tour Live:
01. Where The Streets Have No Name
02. I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
03. MLK
04. One Tree Hill
05. All Along The Watchtower
06. Exit
07. In God's Country
08. Bullet The Blue Sky
09. Running To Stand Still
10. Bad
11. Sunday Bloody Sunday
12. Pride
13. With Or Without You
14. 40

Or something like that. What do you think? I know I'll probably get blasted. But I'll tell you I love Rattle & Hum as it is. I just think I would have prefered it like this a little more.

but Deep in the Heart was already a b-side, wuld u want them to redo it a bit a la Sweetest Thing?

Hmmm. Well, it was late and I wasn't thinking clearly about the Deep In The Heart thing. Woops. :huh:

Use your Illusion (I&II) was 2 years away, but those two were, for example like Bruce's Human Touch/Lucky Town sold seperately.

R&H is about the maximum you can (legally, according to CD bluebook rules, 73min) put on one CD (as a double album, there is space for some more songs (up to 2x45=90min)

IIRC they did contemplate going to 2Cd's but that would've implied going to 3 LPs, 2x73=146min , 3 x 45 = 135min

Since the album had to coincide with the movie, they were worried of overkill, see also the comments on "why was JT not a double album" etc.

I just did deep in the heart because it seems like it would be a good song to precede Heartland.

Back
Top Bottom