Rattle And Hum Live Tracks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

namkcuR

ONE love, blood, life
I've just been listening to my mp3s of the live tracks from the Rattle And Hum movie/album. These are some extraordinary performances. Really timeless stuff. You've got a collection of songs that includes performances of Streets, Bad, WOWY, RTSS, SBS, and Pride that could be considered as some of the best ever performances of each of those songs. And the others aren't far behind. Even the two covers are very good. This is a good order to listen to them in...the sequence from Bad to Pride is just :drool: :drool: :drool:.

Oh, btw, the One Tree Hill performance there wasn't in the movie or on the album. It's a performance from Tempe, Arizona in 1987, that was recorded for R&H but not used. It's on the 1980-1990 video, and in the R&H outtakes I believe. I recorded it from my 1980-1990 dvd(which I made myself from the VHS). A great, great performance as well.

Helter Skelter
Exit-Gloria
I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
All Along The Watchtower
In God's Country
Silver And Gold
Bad
Where The Streets Have No Name
MLK
With Or Without You
Star Spangled Banner-Bullet The Blue Sky
Running To Stand Still
Sunday Bloody Sunday
Pride(In The Name Of Love)
One Tree Hill

Rattle And Hum Live Tracks :drool: :drool: :drool:

The live tracks are amazing. With or Without You from R&H is my favorite U2 performance ever. Sunday is my favorite performance of that song. Streets, Exit and Running are fantastic versions. How disappointing that neither of them showed up on the CD version.

I find the performance of Bad to be absolutely mesmerizing. Especially when watched, not just listened to. Bono really seems in command of all his skills.

Agree with the earlier post, the version of Sunday Bloody Sunday from the film/Cd is my favorite, though the reason why that performance was so on fire is a shame.

Exit rocks and With or Without You is amazing, agreed.

There are definitely a few live Rattle & Hum tracks that I think are much, much better than the actual album versions. Exit (definitely), WOWY, and Bad... That performance of Bad was mind-blowing.

The only exception is probably All Along the Watchtower - I think the Lovetown versions were a lot better than the Rattle & Hum version. Other than that, it's some pretty amazing stuff.

I'm trying your track order now namkcuR. :D Like I said in the other R&H thread in here I really like this album and especially the live tracks. I definitely prefer the live R&H Bullet, WOWY, Pride, and SBS to the album versions.

Good to know at least one other person actually likes Helter Skelter. :reject:

I love Helter Skelter actually. It's better than The Beatles version. But then again the Anthology performance is rock'n'roll. Dunno.

neutral said:
I'm trying your track order now namkcuR. :D Like I said in the other R&H thread in here I really like this album and especially the live tracks. I definitely prefer the live R&H Bullet, WOWY, Pride, and SBS to the album versions.

Good to know at least one other person actually likes Helter Skelter. :reject:

I have a sentimental attatchment to Helter Skelter.

Do you have that particular performance of One Tree Hill?

My favorite live R&H performance is Silver and Gold. It blows the single clear out of the water. Also good are Exit, With or Without You, and Desire. I love watching the guys in that huge room, the camera spinning faster and faster...

miss becky said:
My favorite live R&H performance is Silver and Gold. It blows the single clear out of the water. Also good are Exit, With or Without You, and Desire. I love watching the guys in that huge room, the camera spinning faster and faster...

Desire in the R&H movie isn't really live. It can't be. It sounds almost 100% identical to the studio version. And I've heard actual live performances of Desire and that isn't one of them.

namkcuR said:

Desire in the R&H movie isn't really live. It can't be. It sounds almost 100% identical to the studio version. And I've heard actual live performances of Desire and that isn't one of them.

:shrug: Sounds live to me. Either way, I like it.

Hey! I just noticed something! On In God's Country from R&*H, they only sing the first and third verses, the second verse is totally omitted!

namkcuR said:

I have a sentimental attatchment to Helter Skelter.

Do you have that particular performance of One Tree Hill?

I really an attachment to Helter too, it's kinda silly, but that one means a lot to me.

Well I was listening to a One Tree Hill from the R&H Outtake DVDs, it's listed as being from September 18, 1987 Boston though. :shrug:

neutral said:

I really an attachment to Helter too, it's kinda silly, but that one means a lot to me.

Well I was listening to a One Tree Hill from the R&H Outtake DVDs, it's listed as being from September 18, 1987 Boston though. :shrug:

I'm sure mine was from Tempe, Arizona in 1987. It's the one where at the beginning, Bono says, 'For Greg Carroll, this is One Tree Hill'.

namkcuR said:

I'm sure mine was from Tempe, Arizona in 1987. It's the one where at the beginning, Bono says, 'For Greg Carroll, this is One Tree Hill'.

That's a great version but he did say that at many concerts before they played the song. Now I'm going to have to dig out all my stuff and listen to them.

I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE rattle and hum!!!! :hyper: exit version is amazin, and helter skelter just blows me away!!!!!:drool: all along the watchtower is not THAT good as it nmught b, bbut that it is cause they learnt the chords 5 min before the show, according 2 bono!!!! anyway, i really feel like the album MUST have had sbs 4 instance, but then again, such a large album wouldn't have been profitable i guess... :huh:

namkcuR said:

Yeah, I'm pretty sure they're the same performance. Bono wears the same outfit in that video that he does during the rest of the Tempe footage....

Was wondering if you consider When Love Comes To Town live. Part of the performance is before an audience in the film. I'm torn, but I did find it on the Ft. Worth 11/24/87 show. However, it puts me over the limit for my cd. :(

Back
Top Bottom