rattle and hum bono vs. zootv bono

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Joshua87

Acrobat
I recently first watched the zooTV in sydney dvd, and i was floored. I had no clue Bonos falsettos were ever that solid live. The way he sang mysterious ways and cant help falling in love pretty much made me shit my pants. I then started thinking of his voice during the late 80's, which was much richer. So, which one do you prefer? 80's bono when his voice was the fullest, most pure, or zooTV when his flasetto was in top form?

Zoo Bono owns R n H Bono, thet're like two different people, same with Pop Bono and present day Bono, strange no?

R&H Bono is better vocally

ZooTV Bono - is the ultimate showman, the theatrics and costumes were fantastic

Exactly,

Bono's voice in Rattle and Hum is at its peak, even though he didn't experimented with the falsettos

His voice in Zoo TV is great too, very strong, but you are so right he is the ultimate showman here

Zoo Bono is the Greatest showman ever!

Yeah, but Rattle and Hum Bono is technically Joshua Tree Bono since that's when the footage was filmed.

I honestly don't think Bono came to form yet in 87, maybe by 89 when the Lovetown Tour was going on. That's when he peaked in the 80's and that's when he somewhat started to lighten up live...

Though Rattle and Hum really isn't great at depicting Bono and how he was as a person performing live.

It made him seem way too serious. If you watch any other live (bootleg) dvd of various Joshua Tree shows Bono is kind of funny and cool at times.

So my vote goes to Zoo TV Bono.

well you are tecnically right....
but Rattle and Hum era is refered to.....well The Joshua Tree Tour(beacause of the Rattle and Hum movie) until Love Town......

Its all Rattle and Hum

Zoo Bono. No contest. Still had the voice. Became a great showman. And let's not forget he had some great new songs to sing as well.

R&H Bono was awesome, great raw voice and great entertainer.

ZooTV Bono, still great voice and awesome falsetto, but this tour saw him cross the line from becoming a great singer to the ultimate showman.

My vote would be ZooTV, mainly because it was U2 being at its most daring. They changed their image, they changed their sound and presented the ultimate show.

Thx
Sken

ZOOBONO!

Honestly the R&H Bono has been pissing me off lately. The whole big sweaty half-naked man with tatty black clothing, abrasively banging away at a guitar that makes no sound, stomping repeatedly with huge boots, lacking phrasing just doesn't do it for me after watching ZooTV Bono.

His vocal ABILITY may be better in JT-era shows, but he sure figured out how to use it during ZooTV. I just find his live singing during the JT-era "gaudy" for lack of a better word.

Canadiens1160 said:
ZOOBONO!

Honestly the R&H Bono has been pissing me off lately. The whole big sweaty half-naked man with tatty black clothing, abrasively banging away at a guitar that makes no sound, stomping repeatedly with huge boots, lacking phrasing just doesn't do it for me after watching ZooTV Bono.

His vocal ABILITY may be better in JT-era shows, but he sure figured out how to use it during ZooTV. I just find his live singing during the JT-era "gaudy" for lack of a better word.

Agreed, agreed, agreed, agreed!

Bono's voice may have been strong and robust in the late 80s, but it was even better during Zoo TV because he learned how to use it! His falsettos are awesome! Mysterious Ways during the Sydney show is a great example of how friggin' awesome it was. That whole show is just mind-blowing, how it shows Bono's versatility and power as a singer. Angel of Harlem Sydney version is still my favorite version of that song, ever. I like the way Bono sings it there better than the album version, because it is more restrained.

-Miggy D

Miggy D said:

His falsettos are awesome! Mysterious Ways during the Sydney show is a great example of how friggin' awesome it was.

-Miggy D

*Any* version of Mysterious Ways on Zoo TV is absolutely incredible. I love that version of the song. From the moment Edge begins the outro, my heart just starts to pound. And when that falsetto starts, I'm in heaven. :drool: :drool:

Back
Top Bottom