Rattle and Hum !!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2002revolution!

War Child
Anyone else love this album as much as I do!?!?!????
I donno to me, its such a rock album, its just got this....feeling to it!!! anyone else know what i'm sayin'?
itsso rockin roll !:evil:

i'm not crazy, someone else must feel this way, no?
:censored:

:scratch: :coocoo: :shame:
:wave:

I like this album a lot too. Angel Of Harlem is one of my favorite songs off it, I am suprised that a lot of people here actually don't like that song. I think that's one of Bono's best vocally and lyrically driven songs. Plus it sounds nothing like a typical U2 song too. I also feel that this album is overlooked when it comes to U2 being experimental. They're being experimental in the sense that they embraced a style of music that a lot of their contemporaries at the time avoided. U2 were in their late twenties making music that was far beyond their years.

i like the movie more than the cd, just because i get to hear all the great live songs that didn't make it onto the cd, like rtss and wtshnn. but both are awesome! whenever angel of harlem, heartland, or when love comes to town comes on, i always :) cuz i think of when they came here. :D :D

Heartland is A-freaking-mazing.

And that version of Pride is immaculate.
Not to mention Love Rescue Me and Hawkmoon!

Aughh! Love it!

:combust:

madonna's child said:
Heartland is such a great song, but it's so forgotten.

I :heart: that song! It might be their prettiest ever. I love the music and the lyrics. A lot of people don't realize how many good songs are on there- AIWIY, AOH, Desire!! Don't forget WLCTT and God part II. These songs were very big in their day and the videos were in very high rotation on MTV!! I don't know why you hear so much negative stuff about it. It was loved in its day and was a continuation of JT's success and the U2 love was huge! Good times! :up:

If you just count the 9 original songs on Rattle and Hum, the record would easily rank as one of U2's very best.

I have the record, tape, cd, book and movie of R&H - often use as album cover as wallpaper on computer - just watched movie, yet again, this morning - the first album I really got to know, and so it has a special place in my heart!
as for Heartland, just gloriously blissfull - in my top three of U2 songs - as for the backing vocals, they are the best of any U2 song!

Pamela

"Rattle and Hum"...:heart:

"Angel Of Harlem" is one of the coolest songs U2 has ever done. End of story. I adore that song.

And of course "Desire", "When Love Comes To Town", "Love Rescue Me"...all good as well...

And I just listened to "All I Want Is You" a couple of nights ago...that is a really incredible song-touching, beautiful, and yet heartbreaking at the same time.

Then there's the live version of "Bullet The Blue Sky", which is awesome (every time I hear it I think of the performance from the movie, which I just flat out love)

Man.

Now I'm gonna have to go watch "Rattle and Hum" in a little bit (great CD coinciding with a great movie...that also makes the whole "Rattle and Hum" thing cool).

Angela

Layton said:
If you just count the 9 original songs on Rattle and Hum, the record would easily rank as one of U2's very best.

Interesting point, although the critics of the Album (I think) are criticizing the new songs (as opposed to the live version of older songs).

It's a big thumbs up in my book. :)

Back
Top Bottom