Rate the Song: Zooropa

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zooropa

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know it was really cool that they played this live, but it sounded so close to the studio version, I was wondering if they were even performing it for real or not. It was rather uninspiring after the build-up of seeing it in the regular setlist. Can anyone explain to me what was so great about the live version?

And I say this as someone who counts Zooropa as one of his Top 5 or so U2 songs.

Argh- I gave it a 9, then remembered how awesome it was live and now I want to change my vote to a 10. Oh well.

I hear voices, ridiculous voices
I'm in the slipstream
Let's go, let's go overground!

Whoda thunk that some advertising ditties could be turned into such a great song?

Also, I thought this song (and the entire Miss Sarajevo/Zooropa/COBL sequence) really brought out the full capabilities of The Claw.

I know it was really cool that they played this live, but it sounded so close to the studio version, I was wondering if they were even performing it for real or not. It was rather uninspiring after the build-up of seeing it in the regular setlist. Can anyone explain to me what was so great about the live version?

And I say this as someone who counts Zooropa as one of his Top 5 or so U2 songs.

it was the mystique, not the performance.

same thing with Acrobat. if U2 played it live and it sounded just like the studio version, no one would care.

ps. i think this thread should live on and we should give The Panther crap for at least a year for voting this thread a 7. that vote is one big nipple, imo.

Like Acrobat, another great song that nonetheless suffers from grade inflation and can't quite live up to the be-all, end-all praise heaped upon it.

And how did you come to this conclusion?

the average post in these threads doesn't need a bright red imo added at the end of the post, but sometimes some thoughts seem get framed in just the right way it can't hurt to tack on, even as an afterthought.

the average post in these threads doesn't need a bright red imo added at the end of the post, but sometimes some thoughts seem get framed in just the right way it can't hurt to tack on, even as an afterthought.

Writing from a first-person perspective also helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom