Rate the Song: Zoo Station

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zoo Station

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

digitize

ONE love, blood, life
As I explained in the results thread, I have waited off on starting to post rating threads for the 90s until the forum had cleared out a bit of all of the gazillion rating threads that were open in it for several days. But now it is time to start ranking the songs of Achtung Baby!

Please rate Zoo Station on a scale from 0 to 10, using whatever criteria you feel allows you to best evaluate the song as a whole. I will not set criteria for people to based on, but if you feel like your best evaluation of the merits of a song comes from voting only based on, say, the studio version, go right ahead and vote that way. Full information on the Rate The Song series may be found in this thread.

Have fun! This poll will close in 96 hours.

Probably my favorite album opener of all U2 albums, and not because Achtung Baby is my favorite album. It's just pretty epic. Easy 9 for me. :D

The first time I heard Zoo Station was at an AB pre-release listening party at a pub in Dublin. We all thought the speakers were broken, because this distortion sounded nothing like U2. Everything changed that day.

U2's third masterpiece and third best album open with something that sounds like dropping industrial lead on the Joshua Tree. Possibly the best song on an album without a bad song.

Great opening song. U2 have better ones but this is the perfect song to start off Achtung Baby. It sucks you in a right away. The distorted opening seconds alone are fantastic. 9

Album version's an 8. Live it's 9. I'm feeling nice today, so 9 it is! :love:

The Zoo TV live version is nothing short of iconic, what with that silhouetted Bono coming in at the end of Ode to Europe. Probably U2's best show opener, well, ever.

The Vertigo version...no so much. I love this song to the point that listening to that uninspired performance is almost painful.

What a way to start an album, what a statement of intent.
I used to live around the corner from Zoo Station so I am a little biased.
The opening beat gives more than a nod to Neu's Hallogallo, which is no bad thing.

9. Great opener for the concert and the album. Such a captivating, yet ridiculously simple guitar hook. Loving this one.

Gonna be giving out a lot of 10s here, and this is one of them. Fucking brilliant opener and I'm not sure there's been many greater moments in live rock music than this.

Australian Football Video ftw.

Totally Exhilirating Rush, THIS was how i first got into u2,
then the other albums came later so i kind of had a diiferent reaction to a number of certain 'Joshuaites and Authentic fans' who could not deal with the change. "Crap" "Not real u2" "lost their soul" etc
Then Zoo tour came along and the visuals and sound from hell/heaven took it up even further from me.

10 for the initial impact and mesmerising, shimmering ending, 9 for the exotic song overall if that's 'allowed'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom