Rate the Song: Yahweh

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Yahweh

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

digitize

ONE love, blood, life
Now let's move onto the second round of voting for Hutdab.

Please rate Yahweh on a scale from 0 to 10, using whatever criteria you feel allows you to best evaluate the song as a whole. I will not set criteria for people to based on, but if you feel like your best evaluation of the merits of a song comes from voting only based on, say, the studio version, go right ahead and vote that way. Full information on the Rate The Song series may be found in this thread.

Have fun! This poll will close in 96 hours.

The band's best song of the zeros, as far as I'm concerned. No bullshit, no alter-egos, just a man reaffirming his faith & giving himself to god. I'm not a believer myself but this song makes me almost envious of Bono's faith. A beautiful lyric & a cracking tune. Can't really fault it.

The band's best song of the zeros, as far as I'm concerned. No bullshit, no alter-egos, just a man reaffirming his faith & giving himself to god. I'm not a believer myself but this song makes me almost envious of Bono's faith. A beautiful lyric & a cracking tune. Can't really fault it.

And here I am thinking it's one of the worst. I was surprised to see such a diverse polling...

Love this song. Very affecting emotionally and spiritually, and a perfect way to close this rock/pop-art/in-your-face album.

Good song, though probably one of my least-favorite songs on HTDAAB. Not much to say about it, though I love the intro. 5.

I disagree with you on this song, but I love that it's your favourite...just b/c I've never heard anyone say that about this one. I love hearing how people are moved by certain songs, and why, especially the more "obscure" (for lack of a better term) ones.

As for the song itself, I understand what Bono is trying to do here...I just don't think it works as well as it could.

I've enjoyed your posts here. And love your screen name. Welcome to the board.

I disagree with you on this song, but I love that it's your favourite...just b/c I've never heard anyone say that about this one. I love hearing how people are moved by certain songs, and why, especially the more "obscure" (for lack of a better term) ones.

As for the song itself, I understand what Bono is trying to do here...I just don't think it works as well as it could.

Ah well. Different strokes for different folks, innit? :up:

I've enjoyed your posts here. And love your screen name. Welcome to the board.

Thanks. Good of you to say so - and thanks for the welcome; it's good to be here.

I don't hate it, but I don't love it either. 5.

If I listened to it more though, maybe it'd grow on me a bit.

Reminds me of One Tree Hill, which is why I greatly prefer this version to the demo that many people seem to go ga-ga over.

Love the electric guitar work and Boner's vocal.

Lyrics could be better.

I really love this song, but the album version is almost ruined by the shitty, shitty production.

Was a favorite since I got 'Bomb'. I can relate to this song spiritually and that's a big part of why I like it. The acoustic live performances were really nice. Also the Alternate take on Medium, Rare, and Remastered is really a lovely version to have. 8.

Reminds me of One Tree Hill, which is why I greatly prefer this version to the demo that many people seem to go ga-ga over.

Love the electric guitar work and Boner's vocal.

Lyrics could be better.

The start is definitely similar to One Tree Hill, but for me that's where the comparison ends. One Tree Hill is possibly U2's greatest songs, Yahweh is possibly their worst, for me anyway.

Album version is okay, but the live performance from the end of U2:3D is absolutely beautiful. One of the very few U2 songs which to me work better acoustically.

I always liked this one as well. Really nice closer. Probably a 6 or 7 for the album version, but I'm gonna vote based on the live (something I haven't done for any other song) U23D version, which is a 10. I just loved it so much. I think I saw it two or three times with a few members here, great times.

Like Nick i really loved what spiral stair case said about this. There is i feel an honesty, passion and natural intuition in this song that makes me overlook certain hokey lyric moments such as shoes that click clack down streets etc.

Favourite bit in song, music swelling and the lyrics:

Still waiting for the dawn, the sun is coming up
The sun is coming up on the ocean
His love is like a drop in the ocean
His love is like a drop in the ocean

Whwn the song came out would walk by the ocean to this song literally desperate for some kind of dawn to break through the dark tangle and pain in my life. This song helped give me strength.

A 9 for me for the way it inspires though i would admit it is for me a song to be played intermittently for full effect.

BlueSilkenSky-"Sun is coming up on the ocean... this love is like a drop in the ocean"

Very tired cut and paste job from me after work, appreciate your intended/unintended correction, i certainly prefer "this" to the "his,..." which i mistakenly put.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom